Search results

1. escape2

TV Series Suggestion Please

Started watching Loudermilk on Netflix. Pretty good.
  2. escape2

Show us your Cars

We've had several Audis over the years... an A4 and a Q5. Reliability isn't the greatest, and they're not cheap to repair, but they're fun cars with beautiful interiors and well put together. Get an extended warranty if you're planning to keep it for a while.
  3. escape2

Extracting audio from hdmi

I would just use TV optical out.
  4. escape2

Good Audio File Format for Anker Space A40 Earbuds?

It's one of those questions that only your own ears can answers. Convert a couple of familiar tracks from FLAC to a few different lossy file formats (say MP3, AAC, OPUS) and a few different bitrates for each, and see if you can tell any difference when ABX'ing. If not, choose the one that...
  5. escape2

Similar in wine? Negative correlation between prices of wine and ratings among ordinary people

Yes, our brains apply filters to our senses... hearing, tasting, seeing. Pretty sure this has been posted on ASR before: http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-we-hear.html
  6. escape2

Polk Audio Signature S15 Speaker Review

It's probably more similar than it is different, but then again, even though the tweeter and crossover point are the same, the S20 has a larger driver and larger enclosure, so hard to say for sure.
  7. escape2

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

SMSL AO300 maybe? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-product-smsl-ao300.47897/
  8. escape2

Enough power?

So your Denon is 2x30W, and the Leak is 2 x 45W (8ohm)/2x65W (4ohm), so what's the problem?
  9. escape2

FMOD high pass filters?

Thanks. This is an old thread. Since then, I ended up getting an SVS SB2000 sub and am using its built-in 80 Hz high pass filter.
  10. escape2

What do you recommend changing in my audio system?

With limited space and limited budget, I would get rid of the center channel and the bose speakers and just use two higher quality L/R speakers in a stereo setup. If you can position them in a way that you sit right in between them, they will mimic a center channel very well.
  11. escape2

Anybody Out There Who Hears a Difference Between 320 kbps MP3 and Red Book CD? What Differences Do You Hear?

I'm not getting any metadata on the lower bitrate feeds either. https://stream.radiofrance.fr/fip/fip_midfi.m3u8?id=radiofrance https://icecast.radiofrance.fr/fip-midfi.aac?id=radiofrance
  12. escape2

Anybody Out There Who Hears a Difference Between 320 kbps MP3 and Red Book CD? What Differences Do You Hear?

Technically, the concept of bit depth does not apply to lossy formats like AAC as it varies from sample to sample. What you're seeing (32 bit) is probably the max bit depth that your DAC supports. EDIT: Then again, max supported bit depth on your Grace Link appears to be 24, so I'm really not...
  13. escape2

I would classify internet radio as streaming. :) Thanks for the suggestion. Checking out their channels right now... Looks like they're applying some kind of a low pass filter at around 18 kHz, but like you, I can't hear much past 15 kHz, so no issue.
  14. escape2

Interesting. My audibility threshold is -24 dB, using full range speakers. Wondering if I'd do better on headphones...
  15. escape2

Have there been any studies proving that 200 kbps AAC is transparent but 320 kbps MP3 is not? Can you share a link?
  16. escape2

YouTube cracks down on ad blockers

I had some nagging about disabling my ad blocker on YT last week, to the point where it would not let me watch anything, but then it stopped, and I did not do anything different. I'm using Firefox with uBlock origin on Windows. It seems like everyone 's experience is a little bit different though.
  17. escape2

Which USB charger should I purchase for these devices ?

It's a common protocol - a charger will not just dump the highest voltage it can deliver to a device. It will start with the lowest voltage it can support (which is 5V in this case), and it will wait for the device to ask for higher voltage. If the device never asks, the charger will stay at 5V.
  18. escape2

The charger will deliver whatever voltage the device asks for.
  19. escape2

Some of the devices on OP's list require more current than what this Samsung adapter is rated for.
Top Bottom