Search results

1. Max

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Hi everyone, Just got my Pa5 and here is my short feedback if useful. My global setup isn't optimal and isn't clearly easy to drive: inefficient speakers (86dB) in an asymetrical 4m×10m living room (with open kitchen) in a noisy flat (due to the street outside), the amp is fed by an unbalanced...
  2. Max

What do you want to see from Topping..?

Definitely, An all-in-one like the new Topping MX5 but: - with more power (100W@8ohms?) - with a subwoofer-dedicated output (and a few parameters for the crossover)
  3. Max

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

What a good work you've done! Bravo!
  4. Max

New SMSL all-in-one amplifier?

Thanks! And the translation is very good (I'm not used to read chinese websites)
  5. Max

Thanks for the measurement Wolf! Very good job! I don't read chinese (just looked at the measures and pictures). Is it a prototype or a finalized product? And overall, what is your global feeling with it? Well designed, well manufactured, easy to use? Thanks for your feedbacks :)
  6. Max

Hi everyone :) I've just found the following test of a new SMSL A2 all-in-one amplifier done by @WolfX-700 https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/smsl-vmv-a2-amp/ It seems very interesting but I haven't found any other information, yet. If anyone has any to share, it would be great :) .
  7. Max

Need some help for my room correction

Totally understood. I know that I'm currently limited by my listening room but I keep it in mind for my future home :). You're right. I guess the best way will be to take my time and first of all listen music while forgeting the ongoing correction. Thanks again for the advices. I'll follow...
  8. Max

I had indeed problems to work with the FDW in REW. I followed a tuto to make the MMM measurements and to shape the measures but I wasn't totally sure about my doing. If you could suggest a link that describes and explains this part, it would be great. I could maybe make another try :)
  9. Max

Actually, I tried to use the "Filters Linearization" several times. I thought it would have been simple because I know the specifications of the filter of the speakers. But it never worked o_O
  10. Max

Perfectly clear, understood. :) I thought more about the degradation of the signal of the output (to the main speakers). But I suppose your explanation is still fully valid. Now, I have to take a look at the subwoofers .... and to balance with WAF ;). Thanks again for all these advices. A lot...
  11. Max

Oh, I knew the crossover at the input of the sub (to shape the signal to drive the sub) and I've indeed seen output plugs; but I believed it was just the duplicated signal of the input one (so, the fullrange signal). If I get it well, this output may also be the complementary of the crossover...
  12. Max

I thought adding a subwoofer without crossing could already kill the room modes and so, kill the bass bump (then just adding a small EQ in low frequencies to compensate this added LF energy). Even if I suppose positionning one sub only to kill several modes should really be a hard task, to not...
  13. Max

I am actually almost quite sure about that because I remember I was myself very surprised by this outcome. Definitively, I have to make this measure again. And before, I could first use a simulation tool like the "Room simulation" of REW. Do you think it could be useful?
  14. Max

I love this way of doing! :D I'll do it and test step by step Oh, thanks. Homemade. They fitted perfectly to my previous speakers, but it is still fine with the new ones and I have now a small extra place to tilt the speakers :)
  15. Max

Indeed, I could - even just for the time of the listening session.
  16. Max

You're totally right! Because it is ... the right speaker (little joke). In pratice, the positionning of the left one is more tricky because almost on the way. But I could move them without any problem just for the time of my listening sessions. If so, would it solve the SBIF issue ? Actually...
  17. Max

Great, I will make a try. I've just looked for my previous measurements (with and without the dedicated foam addons) but it seems I deleted them... I hope I'll able to measure it again soon.
  18. Max

I think it will be a bit hard to make so (WAF - Picture of the current positionning of my right speaker - the left one is on the other side of the piano). But it is very interesting and I enjoy to learn about that. To apply as soon as I live in a bigger place :)
  19. Max

Indeed, no subwoofer used. I don't have any for the moment but I had wondered about it a while ago, so why not in the future and maybe in a near future. So, you recommend to add a sub and cross at 80Hz. Why not adding a sub without crossing? I thought there was some benefits to multiply source...
Top Bottom