Search results

1. A

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Thanks for the info. Unbelievable that a phone can power it !
  2. A

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Does the USB-C socket on the back mean you can connect a USB-C iPhone to it and use the phone as the music source?
  3. A

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

They don’t mention anything specifically about them being power hungry but they do have an amp they say is frequently bought together with the speaker, despite the speaker being brand new? It seems to have sufficient power, but ups the price by another USD 900…...
  4. A

Master List of New Speakers

Mofi Pointsource 888 https://www.mofielectronics.com/products/mofi-electronics-sourcepoint-888-floorstanding-speakers-pair
  5. A

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

Is this your favourite speaker out of the vintage speakers or also other speakers that you have? I presume that by using it daily, albeit with dsp, this is your favourite…
  6. A

New Kali Audio monitor

I think there is a passive crossover for the midrange and tweeter. As it is a 3 way but only 2 pairs of speaker connectors…
  7. A

Can someone with some Genelecs compare them to these Bestisan clones, even if for the lols?

Those look like copies of swans studio monitors. https://www.swanspeakers.com/product/index?p=1&cid=227
  8. A

Can anyone identify these speakers

Those are probably Coral beta 10 drivers in the enclosure. Very sought after vintage, Japanese, paper full range drivers. I had a pair of the 6 inch versions in a DIY enclosure but sold them after one of the diaphragms was slashed by one of my cats. I also had them in a small hard surfaced room...
  9. A

Arylic BP50 Preamp with HDMI ARC Review

This is exactly the product I need. Shame the performance is so poor. If performance across the board was at least competent to above average, I’m sure double of even triple the price would be palatable to most needing something like this.
  10. A

Why do passive speakers still exist?

Sure, as a system then. Rather than someone designing an active crossover and then someone else randomly matching amplifiers and then a third person randomly matching drivers to them. I thought that was implied though, as a passive crossover without a designer controlling the rest of the speaker...
  11. A

Why do passive speakers still exist?

As a technology, active crossovers are far superior. You can find good and bad implementations of both passive and active crossovers/speakers. If you look up any discussion or information on the pros and cons of both you will find that there is no pro on the passive side when it comes to...
  12. A

New Kali Audio monitor

The passive version, if they still require a particular amp with specific dsp seems like a strange choice. I wonder how they came up with that idea? Especially when it increases the total price quite significantly (MSRP of USD2.2k for the recommended 4 channel amp). It also means the flexibility...
  13. A

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 V2 - Review & Measurements by Erin

I hope either Erin or Amir gets to review the cheapest klippel designed/updated speaker Ascend makes, the CMT-340SE2. It is USD 780. I would be really interested to see what a difference the klippel can make to sub USD1k. The measurements are on the website but their impressions would be really...
  14. A

Audioengine A1 vs Presonus eris 3.5

I had the audio engine a2 when it first came out and was amazed by the supposed bass response. There was a large bass bump in the 100-200hz region. Once I understood that by listening to other speakers it was hard to listens to them again without noticing it. I would try to stick to no less than...
  15. A

Making a trip to LA to try some speakers at Vintage King

Mesanovic cdm 65. It has as a -3db of 32Hz, if that is low enough….
  16. A

Recommendations for Bluetooth Speaker: Sonos vs JBL vs Devialet

I heard the new devialet. I didn’t like the sound of it compared to the phantoms. It sounded like it was processed so heavily for either fancy dispersion or some sort of surround effect. I am not exactly sure but if the Apple HomePod mini or Google nest audio can be played via a usbc powerbank...
  17. A

Epos ES 14 N - best passive Speaker in SpiNorama.org so far? (7.4/10 with equalisation without subwoofer)

I am pretty sure that Erin mentioned in with one of his recent videos that he’s going to get a pair of ascend acoustic speakers in,( the Sierra lx?) and that they are form the company itself, if I am not mistaken. It was in a video where he talks about what is upcoming….
  18. A

I've owned speakers by.....

Thanks for the super quick and thorough reply, with pictures to boot. I’ll pm you as I’ve been very tempted to get this exact model of speaker.
  19. A

I've owned speakers by.....

What were/are your feelings about the pi 4? They are a speaker I might try to have built one way should my current ones die on me.
Top Bottom