Search results

1. M

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

Thanks, I will take it into consideration when making my decision.
  2. M

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

So this would not be a noticeable upgrade coming from a SMSL SU-8 V2?
  3. M

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

Honestly I don’t know enough about soldering and wires to figure it all out. Or enough to gamble on it. So let me ask you directly (and any anyone willing to help), what cable would I need to hook this up to a mixing console with two 3-pin XLR inputs? Surely there’s a premade cable out there to...
  4. M

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

I reckon it would be a good idea to start listing reliable 2.5mm to 2x XLR cables and other cables respectively to each use case. Perhaps on the E1DA discord, with links to purchase them. Links to AliExpress, eBay and others with more or less global availability. It would likely mitigate the...
  5. M

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Yeah, I'll take your word for it. But with it being a planar, it requires a lot more power than a dynamic headphone, no? A reviewer (Max Settings) stated 8-12 Ohm range on the Verum Audio 1's, with the official specs at 8 (12 at prototype stage). So cable impedance might have some impact here...
  6. M

I have not tried another DAC with my 789 yet but since it's perfectly flat in the FR, any perceived colouring should be down to the source, in my case the SU-8. When testing the same headphones on various mobile devices with their internal DACs, Lightning-adapters and the Dragonfly Red, they are...
  7. M

I was referring to the lack of bass in the SMSL SU-8 not the Topping DX3 Pro. I’ll post an update when my THX 789 arrives.
  8. M

Second (I think o_O), how much gain/volume it'll take to hit 4v. I'll be using XLR input and 4-pin balanced output. So I'll need to use the second gain setting (+6 dB) at noon (?) in order to void warranty? I'm trying to get a grasp of what not to do, before it arrives.
  9. M

I'm asking cause it will void the warranty if it hits 4 volts (at 8 Ohms). I'm assuming it's 4Vrms and not peak voltage.
  10. M

Any guesses as too when the amp will hit 4 volts with an 8 Ohm planar?
  11. M

That's what the ASR forums are for :). I was hoping to see the new SMSL M300 put through its paces here, since it should be an upgrade over the SU-8 if the specs are legit. It has one of the high end AKM DAC chips so the ESS hump is not an issue here. But it appears no one has bought it or...
  12. M

It’s definitely worth considering the SU-8. Other than the mid ESS hump it’s better in most if not all categories of testing over the DX3 Pro. Subjectively I find it lacking in the bass region, no matter the speaker or headphone, just my option though. (Mods, feel free to remove this post of it...
  13. M

Best of luck everyone! This ramp up of order/delivery speed is good news for future buyers. Personally, I’m still waiting for my February order to ship... They sure DROPped the ball on that one.
  14. M

Yes, balanced headphone output. Not sure about the power but XLR input is wired to SE input. So I’m assuming voltage is the same regardless of input. Perhaps another owner or @amirm could clarify what the effect would be?
  15. M

Nice! Thank you for confirming, Amir.
  16. M

Right. I thought the NA plug was attached to the switching PS and didn’t have a separate wire. This is way nicer.
  17. M

Great. A simple plug adapter should do the trick then?
  18. M

Does this amp come with a switching power supply? As in 100-240 volt. Making sure I got everything I need when mine arrives.
  19. M

IR, FIR, sharp, slow, digital filters, audible?

Consider it done. Thank you, sir.
  20. M

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Sorry! I revived the General Discussion thread instead: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ir-fir-sharp-slow-digital-filters-audible.6797/
Top Bottom