Search results

1. A

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Can any owner please confirm if the latest firmware has Parametric EQ functionality or not?
  2. A

Parametric EQ on Foobar

No issues using it with WASAPI Can you attach a screenshot of MathAudio config? I remember it being a bit finicky in measure/process/bypass settings
  3. A

Everything you ever wanted to know about Line Arrays ( but we’re afraid to ask)

I really liked small floor-standing line array PA system in a hall with 7-10 meter tall reflective glass ceiling It was a huge improvement in regards to excessive reverberation compared to traditional PA speakers on stands in the same space Slower than usual distance falloff was also a nice...
  4. A

Swan Hivi X3 Review (Active Monitors)

I think the manufacturer have managed to uglify these speakers enough so that no one would confuse these with Genelec
  5. A

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface Gen 3 Review

Thanks, haven't seen M2 review, turns out it isn't the same as M4 with more outputs
  6. A

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface Gen 3 Review

Looks better to me (it's M4 review but they are likely to be very similar) https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/motu-m4-audio-interface-review.15757/ https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/focusrite-scarlett-2i2-audio-interface-gen-3-review.10187/...
  7. A

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

t.racks DSP 4x4 Mini Amp as well, including amp section
  8. A

HBK Headphone Measurement Talks from Head-Fi and Sean Olive

Even JBL Tune 710 benefit from some EQ - straightening the bass and particularly filling in 1800hz region With a basic 10band EQ I came to this UPD 31hz +1,5dB 2000hz +0,5dB 4000hz -0,5dB Not very comfortable for big head+big ears so I will skip these myself, but they make a great gift
  9. A

HBK Headphone Measurement Talks from Head-Fi and Sean Olive

Does Tune 760 (same generation) have the same performance-tuning-etc? Or is it somehow different due to ANC included?
  10. A

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

Additionally most if not all audio interface outputs are balanced TRS So if you have been using interface with your active monitors it will be the same as before, unfortunately without the volume control. However unlike this DAC TRS inputs and outputs almost always support TS unbalanced jacks...
  11. A

Best true wireless? (or value IEM)

How good is airpods ANC outside? With Sony WF-1000XM3 I have to enable wind mode outside when even slight wind is blowing. This mode is a bit less effective and works of all I can't enable this mode by default. Wonder if other buds are better in that regard.
  12. A

Am I stupid? T5V in Mono?

You can also use a small mixer (or some digital equivalent) to get monoish signal from a stereo one. Just set pan knobs somewhere like 10/2h instead of 7/5h required for full stereo. That way you can experiment how much you really want to reduce the stereo effect.
  13. A

With one speaker walking around the room you'll have a very good understanding where sound source is. This is kind of the opposite of filling the room with the music to me.
  14. A

Mono with two speakers will work better than single speaker mono. Most audio players can downmix to mono with a single setting.
  15. A

ABX testing

Most likely that is the case, yes. My previous subjective volume matching strategy was "as loud as it's still comfortable to listen to" :)
  16. A

ABX testing

Even without a proper blind test I stopped hearing any difference in DACs I own after I volume matched them with 1khz tone and a cheap noise meter. HP laptop DAC, Apple US USB-C dongle, GRACE balanced DAC, Dragonfly 1.2 Before the strict volume matching newer stuff was always better: Apple...
  17. A

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

I just added a spring to reinforce the cable.
  18. A

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

Got this dongle, US version. During the first test when I crudely matched volume "by the ear" I liked it more than Dragonfly 1.2 (not surprising) and Grace Balanced DAC (highly surprising) with punchy and defined bass, detailed and natural timbre of acoustic instruments and so on. The next day...
  19. A

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I would not bother. Noise will not become stronger as you lower the volume, worst case it stays the same. So if with no music or very soft music you can't hear it at max volume (or it comes from other sources like active monitor tweeters) you will not hear it when you'll reduce the volume.
  20. A

New Schiit: Custom USB Silicon

I might have misread that announcement, hopefully your interpretation is more correct
Top Bottom