Search results

1. Nowhk

Do we always listen the same parts of the song?

You just can't I believe, brain doesn't work this way. Well, thats the point. I'm talking about listen to music, not producing :)
  2. Nowhk

Well... honestly I was not talking about "discover" new element (such as bass at some time, and than remember/hear it again), due to attention, ear training and/or system which can put on evidence some "elements". Rather, I'm discussing about (once got on my "history"), how to I focus on it...
  3. Nowhk

Of course. But I doubt you can concentrate to all instruments at the same time. Brain will focus and filter, selecting from them...
  4. Nowhk

Hi all, I think the question is almost self-explaining. Do we always listen the same parts of the song? I mean, for what I know, we cannot hear more than 1 element at time (i.e. now guitar, than drums, than bass, than vocal, than guitar again, and so on). So do we listen (during the time we...
  5. Nowhk

Why, for the same song, I'd like one master compared to anothers?

Not only Definition I would say, but "what it is" in practical terms. Probably a philosophic question, which make me think harder (very, very harder). Example: if I change the tone of a song (by remaster) or alter some fx (on mix stage), or even alter some notes (on composition), I would say...
  6. Nowhk

This for me is not enough unfortunately: its too much "abstract" as definition, mean all and nothing :) Can't believe nobody in the world have tried to made some study about "what is a song" hehe (done some research on the web, founding nothing interesting :( ). Interesting. I'll have a look...
  7. Nowhk

That's the point :) So what are the "fundamental" things that are able to describe a song (interchangeable, despite mix/master/cover/ecc)? And (even more important), the "song" at different mix/master layer become... what? What's the way/term/whatever to describe the whole chain? (which...
  8. Nowhk

Yeah of course, but how can you call it in a generic way "song"? It become a different stuff due to different mix/master. Only some "aspects" are the same (i.e. i would say melody, harmony, and so on); others will differs (panning, timbre, dynamic, and so on). If someone ask to you "what do...
  9. Nowhk

:) Yes, that's could looks weird, try to explain my puzzlement with different words... I would start from the words written by @Geert the post above: "different sound triggers different emotions". I would say that this "sound" is related to the work of artists. i.e. the "art" make by artists...
  10. Nowhk

So the "mix" is part of the song? And different mixes equals to different songs (even of the same source material)? I don't get this point really Ferrari and Ford Focus are in fact "two differents" things. Are you saying the same between the different master of the video? Different things due...
  11. Nowhk

The topic is taking the direction of "how master is done and who managed it" rather than "why the emotional response differs due to the change of technical artefacts rather than change in the art". I mean: it seems that emotional response change thanks to engineering, not beatles themself, and...
  12. Nowhk

Hi all, I was watching this last night, and I was pretty amazed of how, for the same song, I really prefer one master compared to others (proposed in the same video): In my case, there is no challenge: the mono one is far "superior" to others, and I really (really) love it. The question is...
  13. Nowhk

How do I get better at hearing?

After three pages of discussion on this topic, it seems quite clear that for listening and enjoying music, the audio system matter not so much (at least, when it satisfy some basic requirements). I'll revert the question so: if they won't impact the listening of the music, why there are so many...
  14. Nowhk

Our perception of audio

We also find this... and differences in rooms, and position, and mood, and so on ;) Basically, we experience sounds differently every time, as everything in life. There are too much variables that play a role into it. The input signal in your heads will always differs, as well the mechanism...
  15. Nowhk

Our perception of audio

But physically, you can't. You operate a choice based on taste, even if its a "neutral" system, you don't? Think to all the "neutral" alternatives you can have...
  16. Nowhk

Our perception of audio

Its still all about taste :)
  17. Nowhk

Our perception of audio

Uhm, not really (or at least, it isn't properly my doubt). I retry :) Define "fails" :D If its down to "major lacks", ok: there are systems that will "major lacks" some elements of the song, compared to a pro system, as the example you have posted: low end audio systems will lacks bass...
  18. Nowhk

Our perception of audio

Here you are discussing two differents stadiums: WHAT there is ('fury' itself) and HOW it is (how 'fury' will manifest). I agree that if you are not able to discriminate 'fury' (and you know there is), that's a problem. And as I said tons of time, I'm not discussing this; it becomes a "lacks"...
  19. Nowhk

Our perception of audio

But all of those "objects" are in function of sound o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O (and many others aspects, as mood/time/and so on). Its mapped 1-1. So for every experience/playback (since they are in function of sound), each "colour, body, contrasting textures, calm, excitement, continuity, abruptness...
  20. Nowhk

Our perception of audio

So, since the "target" result is the Music, why we invest money, time and effort on different/pro speakers? I mean, if the problems/differences are meaningless... :) Isn't this contradictory? If they are meaningless, they are meaningless, whatever differences they introduces.
Top Bottom