Search results

1. DKT88

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

Really I think we had enough of this whataboutism. I'm here in the middle of it and this is rather insulting. We all can do these calculations and they don't add anything to the conversations. I've been following this thread because a lot of people are posting news that is useful. This is not...
  2. DKT88

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

I see a lot of these arguments and while well-intentioned it is a form whataboutery. I think that in hindsight we may look at this epidemic as overblown. I sure hope so.
  3. DKT88

yeah that's just what I get from a web search. Several sources probably all in a circle jerk quoting each other.
  4. DKT88

In the USA it looks like the lab test is free. But all the associated costs for showing up at a clinic or hospital must be covered by the affected person who may or may not have insurance.
  5. DKT88

Holy batshit crazy Batman, https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/01/health/coronavirus-washington-spread.html
  6. DKT88

My apologies for being dismissive in response to your post. Thinking about this further, I recalled the only time that I had the flu where it was bad, really kicked my ass was in 1977 or maybe 1978 and I was just starting grad school. I looked for information on the flu from that year and found...
  7. DKT88

This source, the Epoch Times, is questionable. There "are multiple reports" is not science or a reference. What, other than Epoch Times are the reports?
  8. DKT88

I think you are right, masks primarily purpose is to pr As I understand it, the purpose of the face mask is to (minimally) protect others around you. Not much good for your personal protection. Unfortunately many think it provides protection for the wearer.
  9. DKT88

Reducing the waiting in a clinic around people who are sick enough to show up for testing is hugely important. I'm thinking that it may be better to stay here in Korea and ride it out in my apartment than jump from the pan into the fire.
  10. DKT88

What information? The complete genetic sequence is available https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genbank/sars-cov-2-seqs/ . What information are you talking about? What countermeasures, specifically, are you talking about?
  11. DKT88

the world can worry about the origin of the virus later, much bigger fish to fry at this point than whether it came from a bio lab or a seafood market. Barn door is open. I'm here in South Korea surrounded by the outbreak and I can tell you we don't care about conspiracy theories today. We are...
  12. DKT88

Korean Air cabin crew member tests positive - 1 hour ago Reuters
  13. DKT88

I'm living in Busan 50 miles south of the epicenter of the outbreak. Here's something in English from the local news. Raising the alert level to “red” could begin to impact citizens’ everyday lives in ways that include restricted transportation. The government has asked Daegu residents to stay...
  14. DKT88

I'm at that point already, in South Korea. Went to work today and had to got through a health checkpoint at the gate to the Kori Nuclear Power Station. They took my temperature with a camera. Asked me some questions about travel to outbreak areas and whether I have a cough. Told me I had to wear...
  15. DKT88

This is horrible if it is correct. Fog and haze are aerosols. Two orders of magnitude bad: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/1352231096001604
  16. DKT88

Thanks for you kind message. The map site was built by a Kyunghee University student.
  17. DKT88

I'm a US expat that lives 50 miles from Daegu. I read in Korean news that an older woman (superspreader) had it (symptoms) and refused to be tested for over a week because she had not been out of Korea. She went about her normal routine, riding public transportation and going to a church with a...
  18. DKT88

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

well, I tell them that 2 plus 2 is approximately equal to 5 for large values of 2 (sorry but there aren't any good math jokes)
Top Bottom