1. wgb113

The kit we bought, our current setups

Thank you!
  2. wgb113

Would love to hear that setup!
  3. wgb113

How Dangerous is AI?

Given that all of our ideas seem to be coming from the world of SciFi entertainment we’ve probably already written how this all ends.
  4. wgb113

How Dangerous is AI?

I’m a bit of a simpleton. If it’s creators are having an ”oh shit, what did we do moment” we should probably listen. Not worried about AI on it’s own…more worried about who/what it’s being fed.
  5. wgb113

Uhh…see that thing wrapped around the base of the lamp? That’s part of the speaker cable bud! :p They’re DIY FWIW but I’ve been eyeing up a shorter pair of Kimber 12TC. Here’s a better view:
  6. wgb113

KEF R7 End game for most? Or not

I mean they’re not as good as my R11s in NM at twice the price but…if you‘ve already made the deal you should be very happy. KEFs R series are a well designed, good sounding line of speakers.
  7. wgb113

A dedicated preamp in 2023...?

There’s absolutely still room for a preamp in 2023 for those of us with numerous digital and analog sources. Many modern preamps also have competent DACs built in and can offer things like DRC that most DACs do not.
  8. wgb113

More power for KEF reference 5?

That’s a killer deal If that’s the case! I’m pushing 300W through my Reference 3 in a much smaller room. I can’t imagine that you’re clipping with your Levinson but if you’re running them full range (without subs) at high volume levels more power can be better.
  9. wgb113

Gear in signature.
  10. wgb113

The online coffee/espresso culture mirrors the subjectivist audio crowd.

Like anything else you can get as crazy as you’d wish with coffee. Fresh beans + right grind + right temp gets me all I need. I ended up with two separate Breville units - a grinder and their entry-level espresso machine. Dialing in the grind between different coffees can be frustrating but...
  11. wgb113

Kef R Meta Series Release

Meta meh. A little disappointed that there's not more to differentiate them from the outgoing R series, even different aesthetics (other than the two new options) would have been welcome. I was awaiting this announcement to see if it'd be a worthwhile upgrade but alas it is not. I will...
  12. wgb113

FS: RME ADI-2 DAC FS (V1)

Purchased new 02/28/19 and in excellent used condition. All original accessories, owner's manual and packaging included. Asking $800 including shipping. Ships via UPS Ground insured to your verified PayPal address within 3 business days of receiving payment via PayPal. New users need not...
  13. wgb113

SINAD, IMD, Dynamic Range, Frequency Repsonse

@FrantzM all good points! I've chosen speakers with decent directivity and multiple subs. The integrated amp I've chosen to work with has a solid DAC and phono stage along with excellent bass management and room correction facilities. They're not SOTA but I'm hoping they're good enough to add...
  14. wgb113

I get the theory behind it but in my experience and in simply looking at others setups there are so many variables at play that I feel this theoretical measurement is useless. We've all got rooms of differing dimensions and constructed of different materials. We place different speakers and...
  15. wgb113

Looks like it starts to get louder than 20dB below 200Hz and peaks @ 50Hz AT 35-40dB.
  16. wgb113

These are several measurements @amirm does for his site but what are the cumulative effects and what is the end result. Take noise for instance - does the worst measuring piece in your system serve as the limitation of the entire system or does each piece contribute to an aggregate whole...
  17. wgb113

Scratching my head - getting Apple music to HiFi

Why not include RCA, Balanced, Coax and 3.5mm and hey let's throw in Composite, S-Video and Component hook-ups as well to cover all of our bases? Oh, that's right, it's where YOU'D draw the line that makes sense...:rolleyes:
  18. wgb113

Apple's new M1 Mac Mini as source (misses out on silent operation)

My late-2012 Mini has performed like a champ since day 1 as my music server.
  19. wgb113

Surge protector recommendations?

I think a UPS is more like the solution I am looking for. Something that will protect against mild fluctuations and, in the event of a quick off/on cycle, allow me to power everything down correctly. When you say sine-wave UPS are you referring to on-line UPS' that are always running?
Top Bottom