Search results

1. audio_tony

Radio Paradise music selection (any channel)

I've been a long time listener of Radio Paradise, and even donated to the cause. However over the past year or two, the music selection has been sadly lacking (regardless of channel). Sure, they play a wide selection of music, but even my O/H has said on several occasions "when are they going...
  2. audio_tony

RIP Max Townshend

Max Townshend passed away on 31st December 2021.
  3. audio_tony

Audible threshold of distortion.

I was watching a Youtube video presentation by Rob Watts of Chord, and was rather surprised to see he claims that "Distortion from -130dB to -150dB is surprisingly easily audible". That's quite some feat for someone of his age. Full video here: Screenshot from video:
  4. audio_tony

Measurements of vintage JVC A-X5 integrated amplifier.

This amp measures really well, significantly better than the Sony TA-F540E I measured a couple of days ago. It's rated at 70W RMS per channel and comfortably achieves that. Headline figures are: 75W RMS per channel - both channels driven: THD: 0.0032% THD+N: 0.0037% 1W RMS per channel - both...
  5. audio_tony

Measurements of Sony TA-F540E

EDIT 29/10: I have resolved my measurement issue and also added a revised THD sweep. Hopefully this is the correct area to post this. Following on from the measurements @amirm did of the Yamaha A-1 amplifier, I thought I'd measure my Sony TA-F540E This amp is rated at 90w x2 into 8 ohms - but...
  6. audio_tony

Cambridge Audio Azur 340R A/V receiver some measurements

Following on from the discussion about A/V receivers and the measurements @amirm has been making, I decided to have a go at measuring an old Cambridge Azur 340R receiver I have. Unfortunately, for some strange reason this receiver doesn't make the DAC output available on the tape out sockets...
Top Bottom