Search results

1. pma

Can you hear a difference between audio cables? ABX test

Following the thread https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/stereophile-and-audio-cables.53011/ I have prepared a listening test with 2 different audio cables. The cables are as dissimilar as they can be. The test files can be downloaded from https://pmacura.cz/cable1-2.zip...
  2. pma

Solupeak X31 3 IN – 1 OUT XLR switch short review

Solupeak X31 3 IN – 1 OUT XLR switch I needed again a 3 IN – 1 OUT XLR selector switch for my small lab so after some googling I have decided to order this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0894P7LRD/ref=pe_27063361_485629781_TE_item?th=1 The little box has arrived today. It is small, simply...
  3. pma

Topping DX5 DAC/headphone amplifier - Mini Review

The Topping DX5 is a desktop class DAC/headphone amplifier all-in-one device. It is delivered in a nice box with quite significant texture. The front side has two headphone outputs in the form of a 4-pin XLR and 6.3 mm TRS, both for single-ended connections. In the middle is...
  4. pma

Can you hear a difference between dac+amp path with 92dB vs. 78dB SINAD? (test)

Can you hear a difference between dac+amp path with 92dB vs. 78dB SINAD? Quite a lot has been said here about “audibility” of SINAD, or existing/non-existing sound differences between amplifiers or DACs. Quite often we forget to evaluate SINAD of the whole audio chain consisting of a DAC, power...
  5. pma

Beatles - Now and Then

It is a shame what they did with that, speaking about sound mastering.
  6. pma

Building a 2-way small active speaker with software crossover

Building a 2-way small active speaker with software crossover 1. Goal To try software crossover method for a 2-way, active speaker 2. Software and instrumentation used Per @dualazmak hint, I will use EKIO software crossover. It is very easy to use and it is free up to 2 IN/4 OUT channels...
  7. pma

Wondom AA-AB31471 1 x 30 Watt Class D Amplifier Board Review and Measurements

Wondom AA-AB31471 1 x 30 Watt Class D Amplifier Board Review 1. Intro I wanted to have a small audio system for my holiday trip, not to depend on usual TV set sound available at the hotels and pensions. As a speaker I would take my small JBL Control 1 Pro, so there was a question of the...
  8. pma

My experience and knowledge in audio and the reason why I visit the forum

Though it is probably clear when reading threads, posts and replies in the forum, it might be good to know what is the target group of the readers and members and what are they interested in. Please let me to post the poll and if you do not mind, please check the option that fits to you.
  9. pma

Neutrik NA2M-D2B-Tx balancing transformer adapter review

Neutrik NA2M-D2B-TX miniature transformer balancing adapter review I have read the ASR review on the almost same product, with the only difference that it had female XLR and black CINCH, though my adapter has male XLR and red CINCH, otherwise they are same. The review link is...
  10. pma

PhonoFet2 - discrete preamplifier for MM cartridge

PhonoFet2 - discrete preamplifier for MM cartridge After the development of several phono preamplifiers based on operational amplifiers, I have decided, about 12 years ago, to design a preamplifier built with discrete components and to utilize experience achieved during design of discrete link...
  11. pma

Audiophonics PRE-TC10 preamp with tone controls - review and measurements

I have decided to buy and measure this preamplifier with tone controls, supplied by Audiophonics. It can be ordered here: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/preamplifier-and-volume-control/audiophonics-pre-tc10-preamplifier-with-tone-control-2x-aop-lm49720na-p-12752.html and it costs 49.92 EUR...
  12. pma

Post photos of your ancient first audio setup

It might be fun to see what we were beginning with. As I have always had photography as a hobby in parallel with audio, I am able to dig out old negatives that were monitoring my audio history. This was my probably first setup, dated 1971 The speaker box was built from old valve radio case...
  13. pma

Handling a complex load by power amplifiers

Handling a complex load by power amplifiers A power amplifier’s job is to supply a voltage to a loudspeaker and then to deliver whatever current the loudspeaker needs to move its voice coil, producing airwaves with a sound pressure level up to what is specified for the speaker and/or...
  14. pma

Tube preamp vs. DAC-ADC loop listening test

Can you hear a difference between the tube preamp and direct DAC-ADC loop (Topping D10s - E1DA Cosmos ADC)? The files are here: https://pmacura.cz/tube_loop.zip Please post your Foobar ABX report. Tube preamp distortion shown below and the whole range up to maximum is used by the music sample.
  15. pma

Will AIYIMA A07 work with 4ohm//2.2uF load? - Test and measurements

Will AIYIMA A07 work with 4ohm//2.2uF load? - Test and measurements You might get surprised :) (or maybe not, those who are knowledgeable). In my latest test thread, I have shown how the Hypex NC252MP failed to drive 4ohm in parallel with 2.2uF load, the load simulating some of the...
  16. pma

ABX test of NC252MP x A250W4R into 4ohm//2.2uF load, files for download

Hello, following my latest thread where I compare behaviour of Hypex NC252MP vs. A250W4R class AB amplifier into 4ohm//2.2uF, I have prepared files for the listening test, that were recorded from the outputs of these amplifiers, loaded with 4ohm in parallel with 2.2uF capacitor. This load...
  17. pma

NC252MP (class D) vs. A250W4R (classAB) burst measurements into 4ohm//2.2uF load

NC252MP (class D) vs. A250W4R (classAB) burst measurements into 4ohm//2.2uF load As I have been doing, quite intensively, wide range of power amplifier measurements, I have decided to compare 2 different power amplifier design philosophies, class AB and class D. The amplifiers chosen have equal...
  18. pma

(Suggestion on) Testing power amplifiers according to IEC 60268-3 standard

(Suggestion on) Testing power amplifiers according to IEC 60268-3 standard I would like to start the debate on ASR power amplifier testing and suggest some degree of conformance with current standards. --------------------------------------------------- The part 3 of IEC 60268 applies to...
  19. pma

Effect of measuring bandwidth on class D amplifier measured THD and THD+N parameters

Effect of measuring bandwidth on class D amplifier measured THD and THD+N parameters It has been quite long lasting discussion here on measuring bandwidth for THD+N plots vs. amplifier power, measured at various frequencies. Especially for class D amplifiers, THD+N results get rapidly worse, at...
  20. pma

Great recordings of classical music

I think we are missing a thread like this, with recommendations of great recordings of classical music. I would start with this one: https://www.supraphon.com/album/374281-dvorak-symphony-no-9-in-e-minor-from-the-new-world and I am also posting a link to a 54 second full quality sample...
Top Bottom