Search results

1. Bamyasi

Alternative to Roon....

Do you have DLNA server enabled in your Plex MS settings? It is disabled by default. Alternatively, you can use Plexamp as headless renderer if you can install it on you player. This uses native Plex protocol which supports gapless playback with crossfades and other goodies.
  2. Bamyasi

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

You put the candle on top of it. Then switch on the motor, roll your favorite, lean back, relax and enjoy the perfect CRI and scent.
  3. Bamyasi

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Why people still buy candles? Certainly, not for purpose of lighting. Vinyl popularity has nothing to do with music reproduction at all, even if you can actually play vinyl records. I bet candle industry is even bigger today than LP industry. And no, I am not talking about your plain paraphin...
  4. Bamyasi

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Is it just me or indeed UHD/HD toggle was removed from the Amazon Alexa Settings menu on WiiM Home app (Android) with the latest update? HD/UHD casting from the Amazon Music app seems to be working fine though, just as before (according to my DAC's display). I also noticed that EQ was enabled...
  5. Bamyasi

Audible difference in high-end capacitors? - ABX samples

I've just experienced a similar effect when re-installing my system recently. I moved and finally got my hands on setting up my stereo system at a new place. Initially, connected everything but the speakers (i.e. streamer, DAC, and the power amp) and what was my surprise when I accidentally...
  6. Bamyasi

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

That's exactly what @antcollinet was saying: as long as you have gain set in your amp/preamp to a level at which its noise is inaudible, it does not matter what amount of digital attenuation you apply to the input signal. The noise in the output will still be inaudible. Just as will be part of...
  7. Bamyasi

I want to buy my first streamer but I have a couple of questions.

You can buy WiiM Mini streamer (usually priced around $80) and connect it via Toslink optical input to your amp. Or you might go for a slightly more expensive WiiM Pro ($150) which adds S/PDIF coaxial output and wired Ethernet input. Both streamers have Spotify Connect and support plethora of...
  8. Bamyasi

WiiM Pro Streamer

Cold reboot fixed it to me. I mean, pull the USB power plug, wait for 15 seconds, reconnect.
  9. Bamyasi

WiiM Mini Streamer

Mine required an extra (manual) reboot after the update as it somehow fell back to playing in SD only (which is not gapless). Actually, I rebooted both WiiM and my tablet with the Amazon Music app, so not sure which one was required but it helped.
  10. Bamyasi

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

DLNA playback on WiiM Pro/Mini is gapless as well. With the occasional quirks but mostly it works fine. Chromecast, however, does not support gaplesss playback natively and very few apps can emulate it when connected via Chromecast.
  11. Bamyasi

WiiM Pro Streamer

Is it just me or Forward/Back buttons on the remote indeed do nothing when casting playlists or albums via Chromecast? Play/Stop button works as expected, so the remote is functional.
  12. Bamyasi

WiiM Pro Streamer

I just ordered mine. It is much easier to simply push pause button on remote when you have incoming call on your phone. At the moment, the procedure looks like the following: grab the phone from a side table, unlock phone, open correct app, switch to now playing screen, find pause button, click...
  13. Bamyasi

WiiM Mini Streamer

Not sure I understand what you are trying to say. And why. Anyways, I was just answering OP question, that's it.
  14. Bamyasi

WiiM Mini Streamer

Some DAC chips (e.g. AKM) are known to make popping sounds when the input's sampling rate is changed. DAC manufacturers use workarounds like installing relays which temporarily toggles output. The only chip models I know of that do not have this problem at all are ESS, likely because they...
  15. Bamyasi

WiiM Mini Streamer

Likely a feature of you DAC. Does it use AKM chip?
  16. Bamyasi

What are we listening to right now..

My favorite guitarist of all times:
  17. Bamyasi

WiiM Pro Streamer

Sorry for the late response, I have just received my WiiM Pro today. The answers to your questions are 192/24 -- yes, gapless -- no, for both Android Plexamp & Plex apps when connected to WiiM Pro via Chromecast. But I believe Plex(amp) never supported gapless playback for streaming, so no...
  18. Bamyasi

What are we listening to right now..

I actually used to own original RCA pressing of this album. Amazing recording with mastering quality beyond belief. It sounded fantastic even after years of hard beating by the kids, etc. Not sure but perhaps it is still sitting somewhere in my brother's storage room...
  19. Bamyasi

WiiM Mini Streamer

Much of this frustration should go to Amazon since this kind of things happen periodically on all of my Amazon devices, not just WiiM. Amazon seems to upgrade the API on their servers and then let them stay out of sync, breaking havoc for the Alexa clients. I guess with such a massive...
  20. Bamyasi

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

What do you mean? BubbleUPnP is not limited by any formats nor sampling rates when streaming. If you are using it to play music on your phone then this is a limitation of your phone's audio stack (e.g., Android). UAPP has its own stack and thus might be preferable as a local audio files player...
Top Bottom