Search results

1. D

LG quad dac audio impressions and discussion

I'll put in my own 2c on the sound of the LG DAC. Got an LG G8 recently. Note I'm not a believer in SINAD and think there is more to a DAC than its distortion. Overall sound wise, I really don't think it's much better than a Galaxy S9. The amp is better, there's maybe a bit more detail, but...
  2. D

FS: Fiio A5

$90 shipped to US. It is the same one measured by Amir. Comes with original box and accessories. Ding on corner and scratches on knob, but functions perfect. It should also be noted the A5 shouldn't be used as a desktop amp while plugged into the wall. The design of the charging circuit is...
  3. D

FS: Geshelli Archel2 Pro [SOLD]

$110 shipped to the US. Getting a 2.5 for the balanced inputs.
  4. D

Possible to measure electrostatic energizers?

What is the main difficulty in measuring estat amps? Couldn't you build a stepdown transformer adapter for the output to be usable with apx555? Has anyone done this in the past?
  5. D

Windows resampling not actually that bad?

I saw the awful measurements of Windows 10 resampling on archimago's site here: http://archimago.blogspot.com/2015/11/measurements-windows-10-audio-stack.html and I figured I would test this for myself. I see quite a few people pointing to that article when they say Windows resampling sucks...
  6. D

Making a passive low shelf filter?

I've got a pair of headphones which I want to EQ passively to make them sound neutral. The entire EQ is a single low shelf attenuation filter: I would like to replicate this with a small circuit I could put between the headphone and amp. However, I cannot find any easy to understand or complete...
Top Bottom