Search results

1. F

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

It still pays off to make every effort to place at least L-C-R properly. I have assymetrical room, and my LRS/Left Top Rear are 15 dg Off at 135dG. After couple of months I stopped using remapping. On the other hand, it still makes sense to have posititioning info available. BTW - I have...
  2. F

Front wall vs back wall

Without knowing any details about your situation [actual room layout] and even more important aspect - how much do you want to commit to this new space my 2 cents. - what will define performance of you surround/HT is bass quality and screenside [l-c-r ]. While good surround is necessary for...
  3. F

Front wall vs back wall

Do you face this choice in reality? Ot is it just intellecual experiment.
  4. F

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

As per wide consensus on this forum - they do offer the same sonic performance. NAD offers couple of watts of more power. This extra watts translate to minuscule increase in max. SPL. But absolutely seriously meant question; Do you have any real life experience with DL ART? With some either...
  5. F

Re Storm - this is the only real-life implementation now, as far as I know. I just wanted to offer real-life experience. That's all. I have no other stake in this discussion. NAD is not on my radar - I do not need BlueSound Node in nice case [which is basically what M66 is], I get similar...
  6. F

WF is designed to serve a very specific market of purpose-built high-end home theatres - to be the best. You can still get very respectable results with an imperfect setup, but there are some minimum requirements that need to be met. So, as you rightly point out, DLART will be much more usable...
  7. F

The bestiary of the most common (and debunked by science) audiophile myths

I would add two audiophile mythical creatures: - wife, able to hear smallest adjustment, while cooking in the kitchen - old friend, violin player, confirming whatever myth.
  8. F

Good manners are in short supply lately, unfortunately So I will be bit more straightforward - heard BAcCh in its iteration with camera on very expensive system. After initial “wow” you realize, that it is just crosstalk cancelation. Headphones are better in achieving the same. Guy that owns it...
  9. F

I am quite satisfied with my 24 ch multichannel music setup in professionally treated room with latest what DRC has to offer in form Waveforming. Anyway looking forward, to see BACCH implemented and adopted by mainstream. Strange thing is that none of the big boys acquired them yet, as it...
  10. F

Surround recordings in appropriate quality and stereo - you can not even compare the level of immersion and realism. But at the end of the day - it,will be Apple and Amazon that decide which format will prevail. So I would place “we have 2 ears, so 2 channels are enough” up there with cables...
  11. F

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

For what it's worth. I can not take anybody speccing their amps at 10%THD seriously, why not 100%THD, you would get even more "watts" .... I just can not convince myself to get excited about this amp - it is cheap - cool. Better than other cheap chip amps - great. So what. looking beyond...
  12. F

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

Maybe bit of view from the other side - or how do you buy expensive audio. Disclaimer: I am fully aware of Topping/Gustards etc - I have/had couple of them e.g. serving as external DAC's for Trinnov AV processor [mostly as result of cable/rack management] So we start with this [euros]: 1) in...
  13. F

Mate :-) (as per our Aussie darling Ange Postecoglu) Non-native speaker here.
  14. F

One of those performs much better, has much more really useful functionalities on top, some of them can even save your life,. The other one is archaic technology, parts and material worth probably 5% of the price. Second one costs 1000x more. Not everything in life needs to be a rational...
  15. F

Here we go, again … Expensive stuff measuring worse than dongle. And usual set of comments. Yep, it measures worse than Topping, so what? Still audibly transparent, Still working after 12 years. What’s not to like?
  16. F

New Purifi amplifiers coming

Thanks a lot - let' stay in touch, will write you directly, I am in no hurry. 7040 works very well, but I have 26 CH to feed, so I can for sure accommodate latest and greatest in D Class into my setup, as I have combined 2Ch/HT room, with L-R getting special treatment in amplification. Actually...
  17. F

Audiophonics seems to use 4562 also in 1et7040, but you are right, no mention of op-amp used ins 9040 specs. Maybe they come with skmething new for 9040. Anyway, will wait for some measurements first, curious about “eigentakt gen2” and what it brings. Only thing that ever bothered me a bit...
  18. F

from Audiophonics website (on 1et400) “A Texas Instrument LM4562 OPA per channel is used, these are very low distortion AOPs offering the greatest transparency with a very low THD. They are mounted on socket allowing their replacement if necessary” I am absolutely OK with OPA1612, I have it in...
  19. F

I stumbled upon new Purifi amps, when ordering some watts for my HT. I could see here in EU only 2 offers - Apollon with "wrong" PSU, and Audiophonics with "wrong" OpAmp. Will you a) include it in your portfolio b) will you have "right: both PSU and OpAmp?
  20. F

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Mytek and 5k USD discussion - there is clearly a market for this things. And lot of people just don’t care about the measurements or objective performance. ASR is considered to be “SINAD cultists” by sizable part of hifi afficionados. Trust me, I know that lot. you have people agonising about...
Top Bottom