Search results

1. M

Help me create a personalized EQ tool

I've been envisioning a tool that uses an iterative blind approach, to provide a personalized playback EQ. The user provides a familiar song The tool generates a playlist with 5-6 randomized EQ variations, including original. The user listens to each variation, all are unlabeled, and ranks them...
  2. M

Vintage speaker shootout

Erin gives his subjective impressions and objective data of speakers based on vintage designs. Maybe you, your parents or grandparents had one of these, now you can know why they sounded the way they did.
  3. M

Countering misinformation about AutoEQ

Misinformation on many levels. First, The preference scores on the AutoEQ Ranking page are referencing Harman IE 2019 for IEMs, nothing else. Only the separate EQ presets are using a lightly modified Harman target, which is fine. Automatic EQ doesn't become more reliable just for adhering to a...
  4. M

KZ EDA Balanced

This is my subjective review of KZ EDA Balanced. This set caught my attention as an alternative to CRA CCA, a set which had a comfortable fit for me, but a too sharp treble for me to enjoy. Originally was released as a EDA pack of three, with a "Heavy Bass" and "High Resolution" counterparts...
  5. M

Truthear Red poll

What combination of Tips and bass adapter do you prefer?
  6. M

Headphone and IEM killer tracks

Two tracks I know, big label releases, stand out for consistently sounding OK on speakers, but are challenging to listen to on many headphones and IEMs, but not all. If you want to, take a listen on your favorite headphones or IEMs. Or suggest tracks that similarly challenge IEMs and headphones...
  7. M

CCA CRA v2 Review

This will be a mostly subjective review of CCA CRA v2 with some objective metrics provided by third parties. I ordered this set as a beater or spare to my Kiwi Cadenza, the graph by Aftersound indicates a close match: https://aftersound.squig.link/?share=CCA_CRA_S2,KIWI_EARS_CADENZA The CCA CRA...
  8. M

EQ sharing thread

In this thread you can share your headphone and IEM EQs. I'll start off with two of mine: Shure SRH440 Preamp: -1.2 dB Filter 1: ON PK Fc 32 Hz Gain 0.5 dB Q 1.410 Filter 2: ON PK Fc 62 Hz Gain 1.0 dB Q 1.410 Filter 3: ON PK Fc 125 Hz Gain 0.5 dB Q 1.410 Filter 4: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 1.0 dB...
  9. M

Reviewer is annoyed at FR curves converging

I've presented some of my own examples of FR convergence before. And when I did so, at a different place where IEM reviewers congregate, the responses turned out to be that of extreme annoyance. Statements like "it's a disaster ruining the hobby". "Products that measure compliantly with a target...
  10. M

Poll: Do you like Harman In-Ear target curve?

Discussion about the Harman in-ear target has come about in amirm's review thread for of the TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM. Some people find that IEM, and other Harman tuned IEMs sound fine. Others coined the term "shouty-gate". If you voted and feel like it, share your IEMs and EQ presets if...
  11. M

New JBL closed back measurements

Sean Olive shared some measurements on his social media of upcoming JBL models.
  12. M

Headphone reviewers that you trust

In the realm of subjective reviews mine are Metal571, all round solid reviewer. Oluv, while I disagree with his disdain for bass he's always honest. Of course Amirs subjective sections, never lenient on poor low end extension. Oratory1990 doesn't make reviews but has shared tidibits, turned me...
  13. M

A moderate EQ strategy

For the sake of addressing frequency response differences due to personal positioning, I have spent some time figuring out manual EQ based on available averaged measurements, such as those by oratory1990. The strategies detailed below avoid unwanted harshness or dullness. I will explain how...
Top Bottom