Search results

1. fløyen

what are your industrial design favorites?

In the picture there's a mix of nuovo record large flange (with newer MA2 rim) on the back and classic record hub GP4 rim on the front. I was in England for just a few days and dug the machine out of the attic. When a friend came over to go for a ride I discovered the rear wheel didn't have any...
  2. fløyen

Here's my college bike. Cougar frame from Terry Dolan, the famous Liverpool plumber and groupset bought bit by bit as a student, put together by Dauphine Sport on Boxhill. I ride a more modern Raleigh or Reid machine these days, shimano-equipped with carbon seat stays and forks. It rides pretty...
  3. fløyen

It's a baby boomer thing.
  4. fløyen

My first youtube interview... I am famous now!!!

Actually, there is a difference between Greek lambskin and others. It is a kind-of hair sheep, so fairly tightly structured compared with say UK domestic sheepskin - no delamination between layers. Will be harder wearing too.
  5. fløyen

Why do Michael Jackson albums sound better than anything released in recent years?

Electrocompaniet are very proud of their association with Michael jackson
  6. fløyen

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

+1 Was also interested in the Klipsch. CCA is sometimes on offer "refurbished" from 1-day here in NZ. That's where I got mine! Works a treat with my Vortexbox via Squeezer. Was not impressed that you needed to go to Premium to play music off YT Music, compared with the Chromecast you plug in the...
  7. fløyen

Windows 10 20H2: new issues with USB latency never experienced before

Thanks for posting this. My ancient Lenovo S20 Xeon w3550 was having similar issues on Foobar 2000/ASIO4ALL v2.14/Apple Dongle - Model 2049 since I updated to 20H2. I'd forgotten about LatencyMon until you mentioned it; giving it a run saw quite similar issues to you. Doing a Windows Update...
  8. fløyen

Poll: Best Looking Stereo Integrated Amp

https://electrocompaniet.com/collections/integrated-amplifiers/products/eci-80d-integrated-amplifier?variant=32946120097867
  9. fløyen

Is there a specific music track that you always use to test new amps/DACs/headphones?

Nice thread - will be looking closely at the suggestions. I usually listen to Walking In Argyll from Jackie Leven's The Argyll Cycle - Volume One - its an uplifting song and has a tricky bit of keyboards at 3:40, which can catch equipment out. Otherwise, my all time favourite test track is...
  10. fløyen

Most Pretentious High-End Audio Component Names

Interesting naming scheme for a company based in Sussex. I once worked at a place which consciously made a product in Parc Brown.
  11. fløyen

Rutherford is a liquid-propellant rocket engine designed by aerospace company Rocket Lab and manufactured in Long Beach, California.
  12. fløyen

The ‘Return to Sender’ mission, which will be Rocket Lab’s 16th Electron launch, will lift-off from Launch Complex 1 on New Zealand’s Māhia Peninsula. Rocket Lab’s Electron launch vehicle will loft 30 satellites to a sun-synchronous orbit at 500 km altitude for a range of customers, including...
  13. fløyen

Team New Zealand launch their second AC75. Photo / Supplied/Team New Zealand
  14. fløyen

Bimodal treatment for tinnitus

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/10/auckland-university-researchers-trialling-mdma-as-tinnitus-cure.html
  15. fløyen

Stereos We Used to Have (Fun)

My first audio wasn't mine, but the one my brother left at home after going back to college - Technics SLB-2, VMS-20E, New Acoustic DIMENSION 3030 and AR25 speakers. As I could afford my own system, it was down to Unilet in New Malden for their sale to get a Cyrus 1 (considered a Naim Nait) and...
Top Bottom