Search results

1. artburda

Babyface Pro FS with 9 band PEQ for 2 different headphones simultaneously

I was playing around with a Babyface and tried to copy the functionality of the Adi-2 Pro. A great feature of the Adi-2 Pro is the possibility to use two headphones at the same time but with separate volume controls and separate EQ profiles for each headphone. So you get basically a 7 band PEQ...
  2. artburda

Passive crossovers available in Europe

I tried to order a pair of passive crossovers from Harrison Labs https://www.hlabs.com/products/crossovers/ however they only ship to the US and the shipping cost from parts-express is crazy, over $70.- Is there a similar product available in Europe? I‘m looking for a 70 Hz high pass crossover...
  3. artburda

Audio for ms teams, zoom etc.

I tried to use my audio interface with a Rode NT-1 in a shock mount to the side and it worked quite well, but when I have to take notes during a meeting, it would pick up the mouse clicks and typing on the keyboard way too much. I had to constantly mute and unmute the microphone. I got a bit...
  4. artburda

Motu M6

Motu M6, 4 mic inputs + 2 line inputs + 2 headphone outs and more mixing options. Still no scale on the metering or spdif/adat inputs/outputs. https://motu.com/en-us/products/m-series/m6/
  5. artburda

FS: Neumann NDH 20

I‘m selling my barely used Neumann NDH 20 headphones for CHF 330.- (around USD 360.-) plus shipping. Bought them in February 2020 and most of the time they have been just laying around in their box. Condition: almost like new, they have one tiny almost invisible scratch, about 0.5mm in size...
  6. artburda

Complete iPod nano 7G EQ presets frequency response measurements

I couldn't find anywhere what the different EQ presets are doing, so I did some measurements. Bass Booster, Bass Reducer, EQ off Treble Booster, Treble Reducer, EQ off Rock, Latin, Hip Hop, EQ off Electronic, Dance, Classical, EQ off R'n'B, Accoustic, Piano, EQ off Vocal Booster...
  7. artburda

Topping x Shenzhenaudio EX5

Just got this in a newsletter:
  8. artburda

Issues when recording optical s/pdif output from windows and macOS laptops

I noticed that the Sony PCM-D100 records digital input via toslink from my asus n56vz as well as my macbook pro (late 2013) only in 16 bit but always with the correct sampling rate, just not in 24 bit when the source file is in 24 bit. I read on a RME forum that the issue is caused by the...
  9. artburda

Austrian Audio Hi-X65 open-back announced

Austrian Audio is releasing a new Headphone: https://austrian.audio/hi-x65/?utm_source=Austrian+Audio&utm_campaign=eb006abba4-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_09_02_07_49_COPY_02&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cdf026ac65-eb006abba4-362830088
  10. artburda

Field Recorder Comparison Sony PCM-D100 vs Olympus LS-11 (vs Motu M4)

I recently treated myself with a Sony PCM-D100. The price was just too good. Here is a quick ADC Line In comparison with my Olympus LS-11. The measurements were done in REW V5.20 RC8b with a Motu M4 using the unbalanced monitor output (Output 1 RCA) which was connected to the Topping L30 so...
  11. artburda

Should I get a new Sony PCM-D100 for around $550?

EDIT: I posted in the wrong forum, the PCM-D100 has no interface functionality. I could get a new Sony PCM-D100 for 509 Swiss Francs (USD 550). I already have an Olympus LS-11, which works fine. The use case number 1 would be to record interviews for analyzing business processes. I know that...
  12. artburda

Headphone Amp Channel Balance ABX Test

I wanted to find out if I can hear a channel imbalance of 0.5 db and 0.25 db when listening with headphones. In order to simulate a channel imbalance I recorded some sounds with a mono microphone, duplicated the track in audacity and exported it with identical left and right channels, +0.25 db...
Top Bottom