Search results

1. M

AVR / 2ch setup question

Don’t get me wrong, the MiniDSP is not in any way limited by its DAC. (I only made the “tit for tat” remark because some folks get a bit ornery if you suggest one DAC sounds better than another, and I didnt want to derail this thread…) I will say that the MiniDSP SHD is probably the best piece...
  2. M

AVR / 2ch setup question

Yeh, I thought it sounded better. I really don’t want to get into a tit-for-tat over it though…
  3. M

AVR / 2ch setup question

I took this approach for a couple years when I had my Denon 3700H for HT. I used the Denon 3700H > ATI NCORE amp for HT and a MinidDSP SHD > Topping D90SE > ATI NCORE AMP for music. I was able to use the same amp/speakers by inserting a Goldpoint SW2X-I switch before the amp (2 XLR in/1 XLR...
  4. M

AVR with distortion on digital inputs from streamer

I was contending with the same issue (digital clipping is what I'm assuming is happening) with my new Anthem AVM 70. It's been really discouraging. I tried streaming directly to the unit via Airplay, Allo Digione over COAX, and Pi2AES over COAX. Same issue regardless of endpoint/input. I...
  5. M

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

As someone remarked earlier, I think one of the distinguishing features of this box is the (presumably high-quality) HDMI output that supports multichannel. This is of interest to me as an owner of the Anthem AVM 70, which, according to Amir’s review, has a cleaner HDMI input compared to COAX...
  6. M

Totem Acoustics speakers. A measurable favourite?

I replaced a pair of black Revel 208s with white Totem Towers—almost a complete 180 in terms of form factor and capability—in a fully bass managed, MiniDSP SHD setup. I can confirm that the measurements are disappointing. But what I can also attest to is the Totems tolerance for significant...
  7. M

SOLD!!!: Denafrips Ares II - $695 (Or trade for Topping D90LE/SE)

I have a Denafrips Ares II that's about a year old and in perfect condition. I have the original box, manual, etc. Asking $695. I'm looking to replace it with a Topping D90SE/LE and would take a straight trade. Thanks for your interest! Mike
  8. M

Single Revel F208 with low midrange output

I’m working on a email to the regional sales manager. I’ll point him to this thread and hope for some sympathy regarding this ordeal. Someone asked for closeups of the bad cap after I removed it from the board. Here they are.
  9. M

So I received the new capacitors from PartsExpress today. Got these in today and replaced the bulging cap in the one mid/tweeter crossover. I'm very happy to report that this fixed the problem! Below you can see my new in-room measurements for each speaker matching pretty well across the...
  10. M

Thank you. I ordered some of these too.
  11. M

I wondered that too, but it's securely glued on—at least it was until it inadvertently ripped off when I tried to remove the driver—and clearly not intended to be removed. That said, there is a little bit of a "lip" on the inside of that that seems to be what was keeping the driver from...
  12. M

I picked up a few of these because they should ship quickly as the seller is pretty local to me. They look good? https://www.ebay.com/itm/143836094642
  13. M

That’s incredibly helpful, thank you!
  14. M

Yeh, I can’t find a 67uf anywhere online… So I get the concept of summing the two 33uf + 1uf caps. But I’m having a hard time visualizing how I would wire them in parallel to the board, since the cap I’m replacing is bipolar. Can you help me out there?
  15. M

Can anyone elaborate on the capacitor specs I need and/or where I might source it from? Looks like 67uf 100v bipolar. Are there other values that would work here? Should I look for a particular grade or manufacturer? Do I necessarily need to replace the same cap on both crossovers, or just the...
  16. M

Not as far as I could tell. The crossover was located directly behind the top bass driver. As such, I could not get a screwdriver back there to unscrew it. To attempt the fix, I had no choice but to try to remove it.
  17. M

My saga continue... So remember how I couldn't remove the bass driver to access the crossover...? Well, no matter how hard I pushed the driver's magnet from behind, and despite my many attempts to slowly and gingerly loosen it using the screw holes—which I've done successfully on other...
  18. M

Nothing as yet...I didn't follow-up after the last exchange. But thanks to the advise and support I've received at ASR, I might do so now that I have a better idea what the issue might be.
  19. M

Thanks for this! Nice suggestion!
Top Bottom