Search results

1. beeface

Speaker "Speed"

relative to the ruler I placed next to it :(
  2. beeface

Speaker "Speed"

I just measured my speakers for speed. 0km/h.
  3. beeface

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

one step at a time, I guess. But we're getting closer and closer to miniDSP functionality with SOTA measured performance
  4. beeface

Fallout on Amazon

Last of Us is possibly the best video game adaptation I’ve seen, but I watched it soon after I watched another post apocalyptic show, Station Eleven, which was a masterpiece. Station Eleven was adapted from a novel, and unsurprisingly it had much more depth
  5. beeface

Fallout on Amazon

When Westworld was cancelled I only felt relief, because I was compelled to keep hate-watching that stupid show for some reason, haha. As for The Peripheral, I really enjoyed the novel (and Agency) and while I enjoyed some aspects of the show, I thought the adaptation as a whole was a failure...
  6. beeface

Fallout on Amazon

I'm very sceptical about this show. Even if the first season is good, Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy have a terrible track record with Westworld and The Peripheral being duds. And William Gibson is much more interesting source material than a computer game.
  7. beeface

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Hmm I reckon 2 metres minimum would have been best if the power supply dwarfs the amp itself. Cable slack is a non negotiable
  8. beeface

Feel it in the chest track.

From the comments: "When I played Berlin in 2005, before the first Tectonic Plates [a series of compilations released on Pinch's label Tectonic] had been released, I had Skream's " Bahl Fwd" on dubplate. I played in this weird venue, which was set in a bank vault and still had a caged-off...
  9. beeface

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Sorry if this has been covered but how long is the PSU's cable? I'd hope that it would be long enough to be easily hidden behind furniture
  10. beeface

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

Why would I want a 1 bit DAC when most audio is 16 bit or even 24 bit?
  11. beeface

Stereophile and Audio Cables

There are many definitions of intelligence. One could argue that creative people like artists are very intelligent, and at that point I'd question the importance of logic in the arts.
  12. beeface

Stereophile and Audio Cables

Sounds like you’re describing Jordan Petersen tbh. But I digress
  13. beeface

Opening up a small boutique HiFi shop in retirement?

IIRC Bourdain dedicated roughly an entire chapter of “Kitchen Confidential” to explaining why opening a restaurant is a bad idea Owning a small business - especially a restaurant - is often romanticised. And to some extent I get it. Follow your dreams, be your own boss, etc etc Although I’m...
  14. beeface

Opening up a small boutique HiFi shop in retirement?

This idea of sinking my own money into a hi fi shop makes my stomach turn into knots tbh
  15. beeface

Extreme Snake Oil

This cannot be real People don't actually pay money for stuff like this ...surely?
  16. beeface

Onix Eclipse turntable

Exactly, it makes the expensive belt drive turntables look a bit silly
  17. beeface

Onix Eclipse turntable

I think this is where we're at with turntables "Just buy a Technics"
  18. beeface

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

One of my favourite things about James "Daddy Hoff" Hoffmann is how he manages to get the best out of a certain brewing method For a while I used his French press/plunger method, and it made genuinely delicious coffee
  19. beeface

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

I agree with your wife. Cmon man, just get rid of it if you’re not using it
  20. beeface

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

Great review, I hope we get to see more Yamaha integrateds and receivers reviewed, it would be cool to know if there's a point of diminishing returns in the model lineup Regarding radio: I'm lucky to live somewhere that still has excellent FM and AM radio stations, so I still tune in (usually...
Top Bottom