Search results

1. G

Any Known Apple AirPlay 2 Sound Quality Issues?

IMO, The best way to extract quality audio from Apple Music and other Apple devices is to use an Apple TV 4K unit plus an Amazon basics audio extractor to feed your DAC. This ensures you can stream up to 24bit 48khz hi-res files to your DAC from Apple Music using AirPlay 2, instead of 16bit...
  2. G

Audiophile hobby is a scam?

It is as much of a scam as being a fan for Louis Vuitton or Hermes products. PS: so if you like LV, you may appreciate a PS Audi DAC. I for one, will take good quality leather over plastic any day.
  3. G

Apple Music Streaming quality in Kbps, Losses vs. Hi-Res, AirPlay 1 vs AirPlay 2

That was an average approximate bitrate I got, as the bitrate fluctuates based on the content and recording. There is also some rounding with the Usage app graphs, so you may be right, the actual rate may be 1411 Kbps.
  4. G

Apple Music Streaming quality in Kbps, Losses vs. Hi-Res, AirPlay 1 vs AirPlay 2

What you say about AirPlay 1 & 2 is true. The bigger point is that Apple Music lossless is equal or better than Deezer high fidelity or Tidal high-res. Apple Music streams 16 bit 44.1 KHz (CD quality) at 1500 Kbps and 24 Bit 48 KHz at 2048 Kbps (still labeled as lossless by Apple Music, not...
  5. G

Why does the above matter? You can get 24 bit 48 KHz stream from Apple Music, which they call lossless, while I would call Hi-Res, into your 2 channel with Apple TV 4K (at minimum 1500 Kbps). My setup: Apple TV 4K—Amazon Basics HDMI to SPDIF extractor (reviewed here...
  6. G

Decided to post this if anyone is interested as I was. Found an app called Usage, available on Apple iOS App Store. It can monitor bits sent and received. Here is the data and a few snapshots of the app and the actual raw data in KBytes. Ranges depict minimum and maximum depending on the...
  7. G

Do we crave distortion?

No, We Crave Attention!!! …like a g63???
  8. G

Marantz Cinema 70s AVR Review

Erin recently measured a slimline A/V Processor, McIntosh MX100. It had 107db SINAD. Looks like a champ, just missing Dirac and no 8k. I wonder how their larger processors will fair. https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/electronics/mcintosh_mx100/
  9. G

Great recordings of classical music

This may be a long shot… Anyone can direct me to a quality performance and recording of Saint-Saenz Symphony No 3. Thanks in advance
  10. G

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

I find it fascinating that a mechanical watch invented millennia ago can work and sustain itself when worn, while an Apple Watch, a modern marvel, needs constant charging. I have personally moved to Garmin sport watches from Apple, which can hold 3-5 days of battery life. But still, none of my...
  11. G

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

Call me crazy, but this is like a parallel to my McIntosh MC462 amp. It does its job exceptionally well with style and character. And it will last a lifetime. …unlike my advanced Garmin watch or my Hypex amps. PS: At the end of the day., I think many of us appreciate good engineering, be it...
  12. G

What are we listening to right now..

Only available on Vinyl or YouTube. No digital
  13. G

A Call For Humor!

Haha… Ignorance is bliss and happiness I love stupid, no offense I am very selfish
  14. G

O.. My… God… Sometimes words or lyrics are not needed to convey emotion
  15. G

Value thread? Please chime in

To give a reference background, I have a Yamaha CX-A5100 processor at the heart of my 7.2.2 system. This processor has not glitched a single time in the last 8 years. It has a SINAD of 90db and a so so auto room correction. However, with my ASR knowledge and skills, thanks to all of you, the EQ...
  16. G

Value thread? Please chime in

I have been thinking about this for a very long time, as I bet a few of you might as well. Decided to post. Talking about DACs, this topic has been beaten to death. Amplifiers and speakers are somewhat clear as well, at least to the astute community of this forum. The Home Theater processors /...
  17. G

Sorry man, I don’t need lyrics with this kind of album art. Damn… nice That said, I am an earthquake survivor, I hope for more souls to be saved
  18. G

Al Jarreau - my old friend
  19. G

Old tech (Pioneer beryllium ribbon tweeters), why don’t they make these anymore?

Just wanted to share a few in-room measurements of my theater mains that have Pioneer / TAD Beryllium ribbon tweeters. Horizontal 2.5 meters tweeter level measurements at 0 , 45, and 90 degrees. Ignore woofer and midrange, this is ridiculous performance and dispersion for tweeters. This kind of...
Top Bottom