Search results

1. E

Amplifier recommendations for Elac Carina bookshelf

Hi, I also do have the same speakers with a similar PC (Source: Tidal, Spotify, TV/Movies) >> DSP (EqApo) >> DAC (ASUS U5) >> Amp (Behringer A800) >> 2.1 setup. From my experience, those speakers are captive, and they turn even better post the mild tunning shown by Amir in the review For me...
  2. E

Optimizing Subwoofer positioning

Thanks @Keith_W. This approach resonates with what I did (instead of moving the mic, I moved the sub..). The comment on the high crossing and its influence on position makes sense and indeed nerrows the possible region to 2-3 places (in the attached files, 260cm-290cm that is from both sides of...
  3. E

Thanks @FrantzM , Did you get a chance to look at the measurements I attached (see post #4 in this thread)? Exlcuding measurement 1 at file "... 1of2", I believe they meet most of the acquisition points mentioned (main gap is the recommanded range where the ones that I took are covering wider...
  4. E

Well, though crawling it is a fun family experience on my end as well. The purpose of the delta 30cm measurements that I took is to strengthen amd optimize the decision based on qualitative data (ASR, after all :)).
  5. E

@FrantzM, Interesting :) I have a powered Wharefdale WH-D10 sub (sealed box, 10"), and my mains are LS50. I set the power on sub to 12:00, therefore still have some juice to take it to 75dB. EQ is surely one of the tools I am using (EQAPO) My main challange to cross sub and main, originates...
  6. E

Sorry, apparently one file was too big. Files are now attached. @sweetchaos, yes. measuring with REW and UMmik-1; DSP is done via. EQAPO @Keith_W, subcrawl seems to me like a frequency response biased method, especially when modes emphasis and magnify, what is your experience with that?
  7. E

Hello ASR members, My Journey continue... this time optimizing subwoofer positioning... In order to identify the best position for my subwoofer I took systemic measurement of the sub response at the listening position. The measurement were in steps of 30cm and covered the range of the possible...
  8. E

Manually time-aligning subwoofer(s) to mains - how to

Wow... looks very impressive! I guess that it need to go through so.e listening tests that will assess its pre-ringing et al. Seems like I am only in the start of my journey ;) (Many thanks)
  9. E

@ernestcarl many thanks! (As always) very insightful information. So, to recap my takeaways, (1) I should align the timing based on the IR start ('snake head' as mention in one of the clips) of the Sub to the Lt+Rt (vector sum), rather than aligning the sub peak to the Rt+Lt peak (e.g. via...
  10. E

Thanks @ernestcarl Attached are '2 samples'. ASR01: Capture Lt, Rt, Sub where Lt and Rt are positioned ~nearField (2m) relative to main listening position - best 'sound experience so far but deep into living room for critical listening, and return back when done) ASR02: Capture Lt, Rt, Sub...
  11. E

Well... I deployed the propsed changes inLFE calculations, as well as tested HPF on my mains (on top of natural 80-100Hz@12dBHPF). Yet, when coming to calculate the delay I realized the high sensitivity of this parameter to FDW value (FDW 5: 5msec, no FDW: 25msec). So now I am puzzled :) Any...
  12. E

Thanks @ernestcarl, it helped to clarify many of the open points I had; I am planning to running some test and see what next day will bring. :)
  13. E

Thanks all for this very comprehensive and helpful thread. I am trying to deploy the methods that are captured in this thread (simple ones as I am not that expert) on my non-treated room 2.1 setup. I have a separate controls for L+R+Sub (via. Asus Xonar U5 and EqAPO). While the intention is to...
  14. E

Kef LS50 foam plugs

Thanks all for sharing, I was able to replicate the results (means low end boost with plugs).
  15. E

Kef LS50 foam plugs

Hi, I repeated the neasurement using swipe, and now differences in low end are clear both 'visually' and sound. Consider case as closed :)
  16. E

Kef LS50 foam plugs

I measured those 'full range'. @HarmonicTHD, thanks for the suggestion, i will look on KEFs home page.
  17. E

Kef LS50 foam plugs

Frankly, both sounds identical; however I hoped that plugs will somewhat control low end slope which will help me to integrate a sub (currently measure slope of speakers is close to 42dB/Oct, and the transition from mains to sub using the speaker natural rolloff sounds too stressed).\
  18. E

Kef LS50 foam plugs

Hello smart people, I would like to pick your brainbon the following.... I tried to quantify the impact of the LS50 foam plugs on the sound low end. My speakers are placed close to wall (speaker back is <20cm from front wall -> a given constraint); where - according to KEFs manual - plugs are...
  19. E

Simple question -- Is Behringer A800 'inferior' for 'high end' speakers like LS50 Meta? Or is it 'good enough'?

Per my experience (kef ls50 + A800) the A800 is well capable to drive those speakers with no limitations. As mention before quality will result from room, displacement, eq, and for me, a subwoofer.
  20. E

Compensating for mains and sub delay

Thanks @dualazmak , I will look into this more carefully and share conclusions.
Top Bottom