Search results

1. K

Denon AVR-X6700H Home Theater AVR Review

I wonder what kind of capacitor that faulty capacitor is, and where it is used. It is kind of disturbing that a single capacitor can damage the performance so much. Maybe a cheap ceramic capacitor inserted in the signal path? If so, such an error is almost inexcusable.
  2. K

Review and Measurements of Aoide DAC II Pi HAT

The picture with the decapitated pink panther clearly signals that the product being reviewed is broken. I was not expecting to see a SINAD value of 15dB, however. Wow! Worthless at any price.
  3. K

Rolling Op-amps in Gustard H20 Headphone Amplifier

Hi Amir, The differences between the measurement numbers in the unbalanced mode and the balanced mode seem fairly large. Nearly 20 times lower distortion and the corresponding 25dB better SINAD. Should we expect such drastic differences in a well-designed device (if it is)? By the way...
  4. K

Radio Frequency (RF) Analysis of Speaker Cables/Reflections

Actually, already been there, done that, when years ago braiding multiple Cat5 cables into one DIY speaker cable was the fad. I don't recall hearing something clearly "superior." Maybe it was because I used four cables instead of 3, so the impedance was only 6.25 ohms so it was not a good...
  5. K

Radio Frequency (RF) Analysis of Speaker Cables/Reflections

Where can we find an 8-ohm speaker cable? Or do we have to make such cables ourselves? I find it funny that many audiophiles are so obsessed with speaker cables and willing to pay big money for designs with dubious constructions, but none of them seems to have tried to find out if speaker cables...
  6. K

Very Nice Cheap Kit Speakers: HiVi/Swans DIY 2.2A & 3.1

Thanks for the reply. I misinterpreted your statement "I bought both the 3 way and 2 way..." to mean that you have bought and built both the 3.1 and 2.2A kits. It has been a while since the last time I slapped together a pair of DIY speakers, so I am feeling bored and itchy to build another...
  7. K

Very Nice Cheap Kit Speakers: HiVi/Swans DIY 2.2A & 3.1

Hi GGroch, Thanks for sharing. I found it interesting that you think the ACI Sapphire XL is not much better than the HiVi 2.2A. This comparison is informative to me, as my 1st pair of DIY speakers based on a purchased kit was built from a kit (2-way, also called Sapphire IIRC) from ACI. That...
Top Bottom