Search results

1. Reyer

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

If I had to find reasonable point of "burning in" electronics on airplanes I would say they do it to ensure that no electrical component is failing. It's like testing light bulbs in factories or testing GPU/CPU/RAM to make sure it isn't DOA before shipping it to clients. Y'know, there is no...
  2. Reyer

Anecdote regarding burning in - I own several pairs of headphones, dacs and amps (2 topping dacs and 2 amps, khadas, 2 denons, JDS Atom and few less known local brands of amps) which I bought for me and for 2 friends of mine with different needs and budgets. They were hooked on audio for some...
  3. Reyer

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

Not sure if it's related but the most recent windows 10 update broke audio devices drivers for many users by installing bugged "Nahimic mirroring device" driver.
  4. Reyer

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

Does qxd1 or sgd1 turns off automatically if nothing is playing for a while?
  5. Reyer

I love how someone may spend a lot of time trying to make perfect song by picking 'these' exact guitars, their specific strings, then tune them in a specific way so they sound just like artist imagined while writing his song. Then does all of the mastering, trying to balance every single...
  6. Reyer

Please explain different sounding DACs

Human hearing isn't linear when it comes to frequency and volume. If I understand this graph well: human hearing is more sensitive to volume changes in mids and highs, therefore any difference in volume will result in change of frequency perception.
  7. Reyer

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

DT990 250ohm 9:15 or slightly above 9, at 10 is too loud already
  8. Reyer

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

When I was buying Xonar STX everyone was laughing at me... They said that PC is a bad place to put a DAC/music card to. That EMI will screw with the audio quality and increase its noise floor. That PSU from PC is full of noise and power line isn't stable enough for audio processing. That graphic...
  9. Reyer

Doing my own, unscientific, tests on foobar told me that the only difference with wasapi and asio was different volume levels. After correcting them by hearing and then switching with profiles I couldn't tell a difference. And of course, everything that has a slightly higher volume always sounds...
  10. Reyer

Hmm... thanks for info. I actually thought that it was my old DDR3 RAM that was just dying on me causing all of the stuttering...
  11. Reyer

You may be right about their size... I didn't notice that the amazon one was the smaller in size. Similar but different. However if you search for them on aliexpress I can pretty much guarantee that you'll find the same exact ones.
  12. Reyer

Like taking off a pen cap and putting it again in place.
  13. Reyer

Check aliexpress, they've got tons of sellers selling this exact knob. The cheapest one I've found a week ago was https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33008675021.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.7c363c00nPTrHY&mp=1 but price might have changed.
  14. Reyer

Wasn't Xonar STX considered a bad option for high quality solutions because it was made as a PC sound card? I mean... one of the reasons people were discouraging others from buying it was all of the noise that residue inside the case.
  15. Reyer

Thing is that initially I believed that VAT is 23% here but somehow for 2 different electronic items ordered from USA I've been charged 19% for both. Dunno why tho.
  16. Reyer

Even then, It was a tad cheaper to import it directly from USA in my case (Poland). £109+£19 (shipping) = $169.11 and then you would have to get a plug adapter (They're shipping with the UK plug only and I needed the EU one) for another £5 = $175.75 $137+$137*19% (VAT) = $163 without...
  17. Reyer

ESS THD ‘Hump’ Investigation

Alternatively you could install Virtualbox to create a virtual machine using some old OS ISO. As far as I see, they're available on the same webpage. However I'm not sure if they'll work in your case if you need an external hardware to connect to it.
  18. Reyer

Newbie question: What would be the proper procedure to shut down the Atom or any other amp using power-off button/switch? Would it be okay to relay the power line to the switch and back to the board or should there be any additional safety circuits to power down it gently?
  19. Reyer

Anyone knowledgeable is able to compare it to the first Xonar STX? Should I expect huge, big or "just" a noticeable difference? (Pardon the heresy)
Top Bottom