Search results

1. daftcombo

Studio monitor speakers without hiss?

You're not alone, the JBL 305P are very noisy.
  2. daftcombo

Is it audiophoolia to care about SINAD differences which have no correlation in blind listening tests? H2/H3 distortion 'enriches the sound'?

I can imagine someone prefering to purchase a car that naturally drifts to the left. But in very, very special situations. ;-)
  3. daftcombo

Is it audiophoolia to care about SINAD differences which have no correlation in blind listening tests? H2/H3 distortion 'enriches the sound'?

To admit that a situation is not perfect is one thing. It's not a reason for doing random nonsense.
  4. daftcombo

Defects of a particular set of speakers can make them sound better in your particular room than flat speakers.
  5. daftcombo

So with additional harmonics, you change the sounds of the instruments, as you can change the colors or shadows of objects with Photoshop. And you change them always in the same way. Where's the high fidelity?
  6. daftcombo

'Headroom' is a measure of the badness of an amplifier. The bigger the number, the worse the amplifier.

Does "bad" in the title refer to bad sound or bad engineering?
  7. daftcombo

RCA to RCA or RCA to XLR - Any difference?

This one maybe? https://www.audiocables.eu/products/mogami-2549-with-neutrik-rca-to-male-xlr-pair-cables?variant=39686268420176
  8. daftcombo

I'm amazed that I can't find a thread discussing this

That link has been posted over and over again since the creation of this forum.
  9. daftcombo

New mysterious Genelec monitors

Best maybe, but they are very ugly.
  10. daftcombo

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

Thank Amir. One should always remove headphones from his head before adjusting the controls of a Dac/amp or change EQ settings, to avoid a mega ear blast. It happened to me once with IEM and I have had ear ringing for days.
  11. daftcombo

Ex-subjectivists on ASR

I think everybody has been a subjectivist before even knowing waves could be measured.
  12. daftcombo

Records Before and After cleaning

Don't you mean: cleaning can damage it?
  13. daftcombo

General question about floors and speakers

The best must be to put the speakers in a field full of mud, like they do in rave parties.
  14. daftcombo

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Man what evidence? It was late-night poetry.
  15. daftcombo

Should we correct to Schroder, or full range?

When I do anything, I EQ out the FR peaks due to room modes speaker by speaker, upward starting from 20 Hz to 150 Hz max. One peak at a time until it doesn't sound bloated anymore. Usually between 0 and 2 peaks to tame per speaker. The best is to place speakers and seat so that you don't even...
Top Bottom