Search results

1. C

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

If i buy a single 8c of the old DAC, can i mix that with a newer 8C with the newer dac and turn them into a pair? or are they incompatible? thanks
  2. C

Sonos/Ikea wall speaker

Who's going to get one of these shipped to Amir? no published measurements which i could find. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/symfonisk-picture-frame-with-wi-fi-speaker-white-50487329/ "WiFi speaker and a picture frame in one makes the sound blend into the home. Choose from various...
  3. C

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

can anyone compare the remote control range and angles vs the e30. i use the e30 for my TV system and it only works head on, within 10 feet and not very responsive even then. would upgrade if the remote was more powerful, flexible and responsive.
  4. C

VTV Purifi 1ET400A updates

just to play devils advocate perhaps the original buffers exposed something to you already in the system and that the sparkos hide that element through distortion which is why you found them preferable?
  5. C

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

i just received my stereophile issue and saw kal’s sidebar on okto. looks like an official review and measurements is in the pipeline. hopefully i see my unit in my living room before i read about it in a future issue. congrats pavel!
  6. C

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

my #178 stereo did not ship this week even though i was told it should....
  7. C

Rega Fono MM MK3 Phono Preamp Review

I have a parasound 3 jr. which i would like to see how it measures. shipping to amirm might cost a bit though. specs on their site say "Incredible S/N up to 94 dB and THD less than 0.02%"
  8. C

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

#178 stereo. i was told yesterday it might ship next week. looking forward to it. anybody try moode vs roopie on these units?
  9. C

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

i’m 178... getting closer... i stupidly check the email every day.
  10. C

March Audio P502 Power Amplifier-Sold

ill take it. San Diego Ca
  11. C

I am, unfortunately part of the pinkfish dac debockle. i've been waiting 4-5 years for my stuff and money mailed (lets not rehash that here though). Also i bought something from a new audio company in australia and it was supposed to ship in a few weeks and its now been 3 years as well. I call...
  12. C

Options for Preamplifier?

I always thought before the Schiit came out that Wyred stp-se was the best used transparent preamp. around 1000$ lots of functions (no phono), xlr, balance, remote and transparent sound. Its not been measured here however. I have one which I am going to use for my tv system after upgrading to...
  13. C

i’m #178. only 5 weeks ago. are we looking at 6-8 weeks still?
  14. C

Stereos We Used to Have (Fun)

smga - i still listen to mine every night, including right now, as they have been my tv speakers for over 15 years. i upgraded the xovers in 2007 but apparently measurements would not show an improvement... i like them anyway.
  15. C

New JBL and Revel Speaker Lines

What's the minimum distance between each speaker and to listening chair for the Salon2? Do they have coherence in a semi nearfield setup like an 8 feet triangle? tall ceilings and open behind the listing chair but i cannot move my seat back more.
  16. C

Are there any measurements of this used as a roon endpoint which would be my configuration to replace my Lumin. I saw someone mention that its Pi interface to USB would degrade performance (jitter) but not sure which measurements in the review would show this. Maybe similar to Toslink and not a...
  17. C

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

Did you submit a wire transfer? i cannot figure out how to do this with my US bank. Did you need to provide a country?
  18. C

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

whats the final price with streamer shipped to USA? thanks,
  19. C

GIK Acoustics absorption panels

You can see my treatments in the photo on the previous page. I have monster bass, 244, corners, diffusers, and some alpha 4. I don't yet have a Scopus. Was looking yesterday at some T40s since they have more 40/50hz and the same 80hz as the T70. About how many might you think would be needed...
Top Bottom