Search results

1. M00ndancer

DAC channel dropout

Have you tested another USB port on your computer?
  2. M00ndancer

DAC channel dropout

Have you tried a different cable?
  3. M00ndancer

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

It's the same chip as in my HAD-1 from swissonic, (Thomann in-house brand) https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fteardown-and-measurements-swissonic-had-1-ad-da-converter-headphone-amplifier.6954%2F#post-155672
  4. M00ndancer

Question about Powered Speaker + DAC + AMP

Probably wont make a difference. Better speakers will.
  5. M00ndancer

hi res music equipment

The thing that can improve the audio is the final part of the chain. Speakers, DSP, room treatment.
  6. M00ndancer

hi res music equipment

You might, depending on use. I E Desktop/mobile app/web browser There is no important info there. The limiting factor is still human hearing. 96dBa? is still more than enough. CD vs HIRES https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/cd-vs-hi-res.25979/
  7. M00ndancer

hi res music equipment

Not agreeing at all. To use 24bit/96kHz in a studio is fine. All plugins and things you want to do "might" color the sound, so to be sure to have enough headroom you record, produce and master in 24/96. Finally making a CDA, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, MP3, OGG VORBIS, MP4A file for the target customer...
  8. M00ndancer

Newbie home Studio/Hifi Setup - DAC + HP Amp, Headphones, Audio Interface, etc.

My suggestion: Motu M4 Adam T5V using balanced cables. They are active monitors, don't need an amp. Check out thomann.de DAC: MOTU M4 Headphone Amp: your choice. Drop the NAD and the desktop dac. Are you moving around with the computer? Should give you more money towards headphone.
  9. M00ndancer

Best $300 headphones for music production

I really like my DT 700 Pro X too. A great upgrade to my equed MDR-1a that was singing it's last song.
  10. M00ndancer

Best $300 headphones for music production

As a owner of the MDR-1A, I think the DT 700 is a big upgrade. Now I don't feel I have to EQ the headphone, at least for now. The next upgrade if I ever got the money will be the Aeon RT closed and a amp. I'm kind of a bass head anyway. :) (I'm not mixing or producing music, so take my thoughts...
  11. M00ndancer

Combine DAC and Audio Interface

Why? There wont be any audible difference between the Topping DAC and the MOTU M4/M2. Without more info from OP it's hard to give more advice. I would connect it like this: PC -> USB C -> MOTU M4 -> Bal connection -> A90
  12. M00ndancer

Combine DAC and Audio Interface

Yes, you need a audio interface. Budget? One box solution: Sell the topping equipment and get a RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition Second solution: Sell the D90se and get a MOTU M4. Please describe what gear you have. Speakers, headphones etc.
  13. M00ndancer

New measurements for Beyerdynamic 700 and 900 Pro X

Can't, only closed cans are allowed in my household. WAF... But the 700 seems to be okay. I'll ordered them and they will arrive on Wednesday.
  14. M00ndancer

New measurements for Beyerdynamic 700 and 900 Pro X

More revenue for the manufacturer. Harder for third party to copy the design.
  15. M00ndancer

Topping d70s vs topping E50

Nothing you can hear. Get the one with the features/looks you like/need.
  16. M00ndancer

Step-up from Loxjie A30 and combined AMP + DAC

Ok, is it DAC/AMP or speakers you want change? Speakers will give you the biggest gains in quality as long as the amp can drive them properly.
Top Bottom