Search results

1. L

Does anyone know if there's a US/Canada distributor/retailer for PMC Speakers?

I had a pair of those. Classical music and jazz sounded good, but metal sounded wrong, and female voices were weird, Joni Mitchell sounded awful. I heard the update too, just as bad. Frankly a lot of the English designed speakers have weird frequency responses. Maybe it’s all about marketing. I...
  2. L

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

Could you speak up please? It really annoys me that young people these days whisper.
  3. L

Sennheiser IE200

I’ve had a pair for a month or two. The main criticism I have is not Sennheiser specific. The cable always gets tangled up with itself, it’s a real pain, and they are fiddly to put on. As for the cable being microphonic, mine isn’t. I go for hour long walks with them and there is no cable noise...
  4. L

Which in ear headphones

A short update in case anyone is interested. The Sennheisers do have decent sound, but every time I come to use them it takes me a while to untangle the cable, and they are fiddly to put on. Also the sound isolation is poor, and when I am out walking in the countryside, if a car drives by, the...
  5. L

Which in ear headphones

If you had done some research you would have discovered that the Sennheiser HD600 has huge ear cups, and metal cages which easily bend under pressure. And if you had continued that research you would have discovered room acoustics and that they are the most important aspect outside of the actual...
  6. L

Which in ear headphones

Your manner is obnoxious. I have no interest in your long and obsessive lectures. I was asking for recommendations for in ear headphones.
  7. L

Which in ear headphones

Thank you to everyone who suggested earphones to consider. Yesterday I ordered a Sennheiser IE 200, they arrived today and they will do the job nicely. The sound quality is good, not as good as my HD600, but that’s no surprise. I considered the IE 600, but I was worried I would break them and...
  8. L

Which in ear headphones

So we have now established that you have zero formal qualifications in audiology. The term bright, along with warm, is the most basic term used to describe the quality of sound from a hifi system. I am surprised you did not know the meaning, and this makes it clear that you have very little...
  9. L

Which in ear headphones

Given that you claim to have diagnosed hearing loss in a stranger who you have never met: 1) What are your qualifications in audiology? 2) What are your experience and qualifications in second language acquisition? "Furthermore recent Post #33 states you tested hearing between 2,000 and 4.000...
  10. L

Rolex is a unique brand, there aren’t many luxury brands outside of cars that are a household name, and which are instantly recognisable such that fakes and design copies are commonplace. Rolex is a true Veblen good, it is a symbol of success, and many fairly ordinary people aspire to a Rolex...
  11. L

I can’t help thinking they are Veblen goods. I’m not saying someone might not like them, in fact they might really like them, but the price bears no relation to the cost of design and production. Okay, that’s not quite true, at that price they will sell in small quantities, and hence the cost of...
  12. L

Which in ear headphones

You are the perfect example of an online expert, who posts huge amounts to beat the ‘opponant’ into submission. It just isn’t worth engaging with you, and your literalism. Does anyone have the time or inclination to read those long posts? Perhaps you might want to think why, if someone for...
  13. L

Which in ear headphones

You continue to ignore the importance of the room which is significant. And you ignore the fact that headphones are better for picking up details. I did an online hearing test, using my good headphone, and I have no loss at any frequency relative to other frequencies, though there may or may...
  14. L

Which in ear headphones

Exactly. My ability to understand French is improving rapidly, and I can now understand speech podcasts quite well using my good speakers, but for critical listening headphones are still better. The other person ignores the importance of room effects.
  15. L

I had some PMC twenty.21 which had a not dissimilar frequency response. With classical, folk and jazz, they were amazing, very realistic. They were lousy with metal, hard rock, and oddly enough Joni Mitchell, whose voice sounded weird. I can’t see these working unless there is some weird...
  16. L

A year ago I was in a changing room, and someone said something to me. I hadn’t a clue what he said, and asked him to repeat, several times, but no joy. He was Northern Irish. When he spoke to his friends, I did not understand one single word. Their English colleague translated for me. Aussie...
  17. L

Which in ear headphones

According to what I have read, headphones give greater clarity, in large part due to the absence of room reflections. I listen to French podcasts, a language in which I am not at native level. It’s actually lower and mid frequencies that are the problem with French, as they are quite nasal...
  18. L

RECord is the noun, reCORD the verb, where capitals indicate a stressed syllable. ENTrance and enTRANCE. REsearch and reSEARCH. At least in my experience in England.
  19. L

Which in ear headphones

Thanks all. I’ve done a little research and the Sennheiser IE200 is inexpensive and might be okay as it has a fairly neutral sound. The IE300 is quite a bit more, and the IE600 is pricey. Does anyone know how these compare soundwise with a HD600? Is the difference between the IE600 and the...
  20. L

Which in ear headphones

Ignoring the SQ for speech, I would want to listen to music too, and I assume the sound would be degraded. I have a Tidal account.
Top Bottom