Search results

1. actionmask

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

I am using topping's HS-01 USB isolator and ifi 5V/2A power supply, but still have this problem. I hope it can be fixed by a firmware update instead of a hardware flaw.
  2. actionmask

I checked the actual ground pin (Gold plated) on the PCB. It's directly connect to the circuit ground including the USB GND, which means the metal case is directly connect to the signal ground but is coupled with a 1Mohm resistor when connecting the USB shield. About the heatsink on ICs, I'll...
  3. actionmask

I used D10b as USB hub-> topping-> HS-01 -> D10b. This "bug" only happens I turn on the power of the whole system. I need to disconnect /connect once every time, and it works fine afterward.
  4. actionmask

Hi, I also encounter this problem every time I use D10b. I need to disconnect/connect every time. I am using Mint OS, so it's a OS-independent problem.
  5. actionmask

I don't like the bright sound of D10b, so I changed the op-amps. It stopped working several times, mostly when I was touching the trackpad or the charging phone. It's sensitive to ESD, so I looked into how it is grounded. I am using it with Topping L50 amp. L50 is perfect, but this one is NOT. I...
  6. actionmask

Thanks for the information about caps. I happened to own a lot of heatsinks, so I used two.:) About grounding the heatsink, one thing you need to know. Topping couples the metal case to the circuit board with a gold pin. I "THOUGHT" it's directly connected to the USB socket shield, then connects...
  7. actionmask

No, I didn't. That's too much trouble:). If you want to improve EMI, I think you can use a USB isolator like topping HS-01 and a power supply like ifi.
  8. actionmask

Are you expecting guys who stay at home during the holiday, modding a $150 DAC, will own a APX555?
  9. actionmask

It's a sad decision to use LM4562 here. I can not tell the difference between macbook phone output and DAC+amp. However, I found D10b sounds terrible with LM4562. Most DACs after 2019 are using opa1612 or opa1622. It's just extra $10 for 3 opa1612. If Topping wants to cut cost, just remove...
  10. actionmask

First, I added two alumi cap for +- DC rails and found nothing changed. Then, I replaced lm4562 with muses8920. After replacing op-omp, d10b sounded normal for me. I think op1656 will also work because it's fet input.
  11. actionmask

D10b is quite bright (a bit harsh) to my ears (compared with luxury precision w2). ESS DACs are always bright/harsh to me. I am considering replacing LM4562 with OPA1612. There are 3 LM4562. 1 for I/V and 2 for balanced/LPF ...
  12. actionmask

The display flat cable can be removed and D10 works fine.
  13. actionmask

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

Yes, Gain setting on L30 changes both headphone and pre-amp ouputs.
  14. actionmask

Ciúnas ISO-DAC USB DAC Teardown #2

This thread is much more powerful than my morning black coffee. Thanks!
  15. actionmask

Matrix M-Stage HPA-3B mods

Thanks. The famous JDS Atom amp has a similar implementation. JDS use JRC2068 instead of LME49720. As you can see they use a 270ohm SMD resistor (R7 and R20) for 2068's input. BTY, have you bought Atom? If you do, you may try to replace the 2068 op-with better op-amps. I'm not good with SMD...
  16. actionmask

Matrix M-Stage HPA-3B mods

Nice work! May I ask a question Is the 270 ohm resistor in the signal path necessary? Since there is 50 kOhms potentiometer. Thanks.
  17. actionmask

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Nice! This site really promotes the sale of khadas and JDS labs. They should make a big donation. BTW, I think you can wire khadas RCA output to 3.5mm input of atom amp.
  18. actionmask

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

I just put a khadas tone board DAC into Atom amp.
Top Bottom