Search results

1. R

Revel M105 vs. M106.

<<Standing PAT, enjoying a Sunday Morning Jazz Brunch
  2. R

Revel M105 vs. M106.

You actually was reading my mind. I took a glance at the F206. It's not like I have a shortage of power to drive them. In fact, the PS Audio M700 monoblocks is overkill for the M105.
  3. R

Revel M105 vs. M106.

My son is suggesting I get one. Personally, I'm not the hard rocking Bass kinda person I may have been in my youth.. But no matter the Medium, not all sources are produced the same. Kinda like Grits. Some sources need extra Butter.
  4. R

Revel M105 vs. M106.

More like the itch in the pocketbook. Perhaps more dimes for not much more sugar. You brutal honesty is duly noted.
  5. R

Revel M105 vs. M106.

I currently own a pair of the M105's. I noticed the M106's are on "sale" for $770 each. Both have high reviews and recommendations. Would the M106's scratch what slight "itch" I may have with the M105? Perhaps its the larger Lower frequency driver.
  6. R

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Unfortunate. I've owned mine for almost 40 years and serves and my secondary kit. It pairs well w/ my period NAD 1020 and B/W Mtarix 1 speakers. There were several factory addendums and bulletins published after the model was introduced. I've blown channel fuses from time to time but never the...
  7. R

New to the Group

My motive is to have the Benchmark Amp serve as my "new age" gear with like components. But I have been very pleased w/ the Schitt Modi DAC for $100. But i can still use it on my other rigs,
  8. R

New to the Group

I stream apple music from my smart TV / Apple box, then Fibre Optic into a Schitt Modi DAC, then patched into a preamp. Ignore the speakers and the amp on top. They're awaiting for a designated space while we are getting stuffed situated in the new homeplace.
  9. R

New to the Group

Correct. I misread. I will stream with this unit. I have 2 others specifically for analog.
  10. R

New to the Group

Correct. I misread. I will stream with this unit. I have 2 others specifically for analog.
  11. R

New to the Group

most genres including some country, and perhaps prog depending on the mood. ......No metal, hard rock and hip hop. My preferences have softened as I've aged.
  12. R

Absorption only on front wall?

In theory, absorptive in close, then diminishing to reflective further away. Diffusers can be used to control, but not eliminate reflections, perhaps at the mid-points.
  13. R

New to the Group

I discovered ASR while researching reviews for gear. Let me preface, I don't have the expertise, acumen or knowledge of electronics, other than how to properly hook up patch cords and a general understanding of impedance. I've owned stereo gear off and on since 1975. Over the years, I've...
Top Bottom