Search results

1. S

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

If this is true, I don't think adjust speaker distance would be enough. It needs to be fixed on the Audyssey or Denon side. It isn't rocket science and is probably not as easy as to just update the number either. Isn't this issue fixed in 2022+ Denon and Maranz AVRs? So it should not apply to...
  2. S

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Well, each setup is different. In my opinion, Audyssey is doing a decent job in general. How much more if any Dirac Live can give you really depends on your setup (speak, amp, room condition, etc.). I am in the same boat. Eventually I think I am going to pull the trigger for Dirac because that...
  3. S

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

yeah. that is my understanding. when limiting correction range, it does not matter MRC is on or off.
  4. S

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Yes. this makes sense to use speaker dip. However, do you disable MRC or exclude the frequency from Audyssey? or both? If you only disable MRC but don't exclude the frequency, you end up with a flatten curve instead of dip.
  5. S

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

I don't think it is the crossover cause the problem. otherwise, speaker designer can just move the crossover to a different location. It is the other way around, because of human ears are sensitive in this region, your speaker is designed to do crossover or dip at that location. If you make the...
  6. S

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

no, BBC dip is based on how human react to the frequency. human likes BBC dip so speaker is designed to match that dip. Not other way around. of course, you can design or move the dip anywhere, that does not mean human like that non-BBC dip.
  7. S

Modern AVR’s and Processors - Super Annoying Shortcoming

amirm said it was due to Intel GPU HDMI implementation. An option is to try an add-on sound card (either internal or external) with HDMI output. However, I don't know any specific card that can do what you want. Another option is to use optical if you have. That should be able to give you two...
  8. S

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

That is basically my point too. Saying 'disable MRC' is kind of misleading. the dip is supposed to be around 2kHz, why speaker is designed to be at a different dip? unless one knows what he/she is doing, MRC should be enabled.
  9. S

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Why does one want to disable MRC? Is it supposed to have BBC dip because people prefer it? Unless you think your speaker is doing a better job on the dip than the target dip, then you need to set the frequency range not to process the dip instead of turning off MRC.
  10. S

Modern AVR’s and Processors - Super Annoying Shortcoming

You may want to check 'Reason for Second Review' in https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/denon-avr-x4700-avr-review-updated.14493/ HDMI source needs to be 2 channel PCM. If HDMI source is 8 channels PCM with only L/R configured, AVR wouldn't know what to do.
  11. S

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

I have a driving vehicle analogy about power amp and speakers. * Power amp is like the engine in the vehicle. The power it can deliver and how fast it can deliver is fixed. * Speaker efficiency is like the size of the vehicle - a small car or a big truck. * Speaker impedance is like the road...
  12. S

The method change (for whatever reason) makes it difficult to compare results. For transition purpose, both measurements can be put out there and see which method makes more sense. In theory, both input level and volume level have impacts. Ideally, both should be measured, like one of your...
  13. S

This is why I (or some people) have doubt, why changed the method? so X4800H can look 'not worse' or there is no definite way to show it is actually 'worse' due to method change? What IF, X4800H indeed measures 'worse' (80s-90s) using same method in lower end but peaks at 2V? That is also a BIG...
  14. S

Exactly! People need to pay for and to Diract if they want it. Denon or Diract won't subsidise you in the foreseeable future.
  15. S

Onkyo/Pioneer bundles Dirac. Dirac on Denon is optional. As I said, "unless Denon starts bundle Dirac", there is not much between Denon and Dirac. Bundling Diract pretty much means Denon would ditch Audyssey. It is possible only if Audyssey is far behind and company would not invest more on its...
  16. S

If we are in agreement, then highlighting 95 at 'SINAD at 2V' while downplaying mid-to-high 80 at lower end of 'SINAD versus pre out voltage' would look fishy to me.
  17. S

Unless Denon starts bundle Dirac, I doubt there is much contract between Dirac and Denon. It is very unlikely Denon bundle both Dirac and Audyssey at this time.
  18. S

This is my point. If 'SINAD versus pre out voltage' are comparable regardless of method change, X4800H is worse than X3800H below 1.3-1.4. You mentioned 3 things to consider: SINAD at 2 V, SINAD versus pre out voltage, and SINAD at 5 W output SINAD at 2 V: X4800H clear wins. It may be industry...
  19. S

I think he is talking about "SINAD vs measurement level". 2Vrms is only one data point, and yes, X4800H is much better than X3800H at this point. However, the SINAD measurements and method change also puzzle me. To my understanding: For X3800H measurement, "SINAD vs measurement level" shows...
Top Bottom