Search results

1. H

Need help! KEF R11 very subdued

Just did some (subjective) initial tests. At same volume level, 5k frequency is louder on 705s2 than the R11s. Is that to be expected? I have a Radioshack spl microphone so will do a more scientific, objective test tomorrow.
  2. H

When I unLink the knobs and (set the woofers to off) I can still hear sound from the middle driver...is the above method best to test a blown tweeter?
  3. H

I made them for my bedroom to match the chest height (bed is high as well). Overall WAF and aesthetics nothing else...
  4. H

My expectations were based primarily on my experience with the LS50 (meta) wireless ii of which I absolutely love the sound. To be precise, I didn't listen to KEF r11 before making this purchase, but made an extrapolation based on the LS50 experience. As of now I am underwhelmed but going to...
  5. H

Height of the tweeters are low but that's my usual listening height. B&W has these omnidirectional tweeters so height didn't matter I guess. Are KEF lot more directional? Do you tow in the KEF speakers? Maybe it's true I am used to bright speakers.
  6. H

Thanks folks, since at the amp side they're connected parallel (bridged), it didn't matter so I ended up turning the Link knob clockwise all the way (closed circuit). Compared with 705 S2 ( sorry I said 702 before). No issues with b&w. Edit: Also there are two monoblocks.
  7. H

Thanks, I just checked. Fully disengaged when counterclockwise and engaged while turned clockwise all the way.
  8. H

Thanks! Checked. For biwiring they need to be all the way counterclockwise.
  9. H

Hello everyone, new to this forum so apologies if not following soft rules. I just purchased a pair or KEF R11 speakers. The previous owner used the speakers with high -end McIntosh gear. Unfortunately before I picked up the speakers he had sold the amp, so couldn't test. But since speakers are...
Top Bottom