Search results

1. N

Thinking about Going with 2 Monoblocks and a Preamp

I was thinking about changing my system from a single amp with power wires going from the amp the the speakers with two monoblocks and a preamp. Any help would be appreciated, such as what I need to look for and possible scenarios. I'd also like to know about wire gauge from the preamp to the...
  2. N

How would I go about adjusting frequency of speakers independent of the sub?

What would you need to change the frequency going to the speakers from an amp, but not changing the frequency the amp passes to the sub? I want to take out the some of lower frequencies for the left and right channel, but not the AUX/sub out.
  3. N

Wifi streaming or is BT AptX etc good enough now?

I have a chance to receive one of these transmitter/receivers for streaming. It's a WiFi solution, not Bluetooth. The trans plugs into a 3.5mm audio out, such as a computer. As such, it would be using the computers' sound card or onboard sound option. Or is BT using aptx aptxHD, or even LC3 (the...
  4. N

Klipsch R-51M vs Polk Monitor XT15

Klipsch R-51M vs Polk Monitor XT15 Any ideas how they would compare? Both about the same price right now on Amazon.
  5. N

Wire Length Calculator

I'm not having any luck finding what I think is a proper wire gauge calculator for amp to speaker runs. Some say "enter length" but they don't specify if the 'length' is one way or x2 for both ways, to and from the speaker, and CCA vs Copper drops. (Although the price between the two is really...
  6. N

I want to listen to another set of passive desktop speakers. Maximum 300.00

I wanted to get the Pioneer SB22 to see how they sound, but they are no longer available on Amazon. They were only 129.00 and the review here was good. Any ideas for something that tested similar at $300 or less? Caveat: Any speaker suggestions should have a link to the technical test, also...
  7. N

Measuring power output of a speaker amp to the speaker?

It looks like Hatto asked this question about a headphone amp, but what about a speaker amp? Could I use a DC bench power supply to power the amp, and then just let the power supply show the watts? I'd be using this power supply, and was also wondering if it would be safe enough to use or...
  8. N

Chat GPT: WOW.

I got this from ChatGPT: ME: Does the Texas instruments 3255 amplifier chip have built in spike protection for clipping? CHATGPT: Yes, the Texas Instruments TPA3255 amplifier chip does have built-in spike protection to prevent clipping and potential damage to the amplifier or speakers. The...
  9. N

Soldering: T12 or 900 series ?

I have a chance to snag free for review a T12 soldering station, the new YIHUA 948DB+ II. I currently have a station that uses the 900 type tips. It's a full transformer type station. The Yihua is a digital station, much small, and I've always wanted one. YIHUA 948DB+ II I'm only invested in...
  10. N

Aiyima 08 Pro

For discussion of the Aiyima 08 Pro 08 Pro Negatives: No Sleep function. Obvious result is that it stays on 24 hours a day, unless you drag the volume knob left and shut it off that way. Not obvious result of #1, you will NOT need to repair Bluetooth using Win 11 after both are shut off. I...
  11. N

Tube Preamp Question

I'm confused about tube preamps. Shouldn't the tube be the last stop before the speakers in order to benefit from the tube preamp?
  12. N

Windows 11 and AptxHD

This is a multipart question, something that has been bothering me for years now. I've been agonizing over this for a couple of years and still no solution or explanation all over the web. How can you get Win 11 to use aptX HD? I have the Intel WiFi/BT combination wireless M2 card, and it will...
  13. N

Dual RCA inputs on Sub and 3.5mm source?

My sub has two RCA inputs, but my amp sub out has one 3.5mm. The sub says that if the sub out is dual channel to use both cables. If tehre is only a single RCA out, then jsut use one cable. Since the 3.5mm can be dual channel, should I use the 3.5mm to dual RCA connection?
  14. N

Brand New to Forum: Trying to settle on a mini amp :(

I'm new. Abuse at will :) I've been lurking for a long time, but now I need a new mini amp. Some background on me. I take care of my elderly mother full time, so I don't have much money. However, I still love audio! I watched my dad build one of the first "transitor" "hi-fi" systems in 1964...
Top Bottom