Search results

1. snowsurfer

The ASR Cryptocurrency thread

Chances of getting rich fast are almost zero at this point. But getting solid returns and improving their future is well within reach. That is exactly the problem with so many people who get into this, that they expect to "get rich fast". You see, investing in crypto has also taught me many...
  2. snowsurfer

I do not have answers to these questions, but I can say that no one who followed the old adage of "DO NOT INVEST WHAT YOU CANNOT LOSE" is suffering their predicament now. I see where you're coming from but these questions and the related answers are completely irrelevant. The answer is what...
  3. snowsurfer

I have taken out multiple times what I invested over the years. A literal crash to absolute zero right now would not be a catostrophe for me at all. I have already multiplied by a considerable factor. Watching charts at this stage is popcorn and diet soda time for me. I would have not made this...
  4. snowsurfer

Zoom out on the monthly to understand the bigger picture over the years and just buy more. If you can't take it sell all crypto and invest with your bank for a return lower than current inflation. Enjoy.
  5. snowsurfer

Kii THREE Review

I've been *THIS* close to selling some of my Ethereum for a pair of these for my desktop....maybe one day....
  6. snowsurfer

SMSL SU-6 Review (Desktop DAC)

I have an SU-8 and an SP200 on my desktop as daily drivers since their launch and so far I have nothing but praise. I will definitely buy SMSL again.
  7. snowsurfer

Invested in crypto since 2014, now I'm 2-3 years away from full financial freedom by the way of crypto. Just a little push more.
  8. snowsurfer

Drop Ether CX Review (Closed Planar Headphone)

Same here, and after these two I can already say that I am 90% sure that the upgrade to my beloved HD660s will definitely be something out of the amazing Dan Clark lineup, but I am in no hurry at all. :)
  9. snowsurfer

Amplification for 2 LS50 Meta's and a SVS SB-2000 Pro? (1 meter apart PC-only Desktop set-up)

I know this post is kinda old but I just want to +1 Audiocables.eu. I'm in Spain and I wouldn't get my cables made by anyone else, since they've made me some strange special custom needs cables and were always extremely professional, fast, and with honest pricing. Nikos (from Audiocables)...
  10. snowsurfer

Sennheiser HD660s - divisive headphones

Just to mention regarding price, I bought my 660s from an official retailer in Spain for 330€ on a sale, and I've seen them go to that price from time to time. IMO that's the perfect price for them. It's been two years now and I'm very, very happy with them. I use Oratory Harman target PEQ in...
  11. snowsurfer

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

Thanks, I'm not on my PC right now and it's a hassle to look for it on mobile. :D That's the post I was referring to indeed.
  12. snowsurfer

Mods announced that this thread would be closed today.
  13. snowsurfer

Several key issues on MQA raised in this thread have not been answered, it makes absolutely no sense to close the thread then, unless we're saving valuable bytes on the server for a rainy day. Even if part of the thread is somwewhat circular, what's the harm it's doing?
  14. snowsurfer

Thanks for that, as @mansr pointed out the tool I am using may not be identifying all MQA files, but it's the only thing I have right now. :)
  15. snowsurfer

I downloaded those with Tidal-GUI about 10 pages ago and checked them with MQA_Identifier and the "Hi-Fi" version of both is actually a 16/44 FLAC container with MQA encoding inside. Correcting myself here, it was the Coldplay and Moby ones that I checked, here the Caprices are indeed still in...
  16. snowsurfer

That was a reply and I quoted the message I was replying to.
  17. snowsurfer

I personally don't think that is the important question. For me, the important question is "what exactly does MQA bring to the table in regards to sound quality to warrant moving to a proprietary, licensed, opaque format, from a perfectly functional open source one (FLAC)"?
  18. snowsurfer

This is absolutely not true. When I signed up for Tidal Hi-Fi, this is what I saw under "What is Tidal Hi-FI" (link): "HiFi for $19.99 / month TIDAL's HiFi tier gives subscribers all the same great content and experiences as a Premium subscription, with the added benefit of music in lossless...
  19. snowsurfer

I am now very confused since you are saying that the statement was true, and in the very same sentence confirming it is not true by saying "not the case for all tracks/albums at this moment".
  20. snowsurfer

It has worked OK for me until now but I will bring that up on GitHub. The tool is parsing the waveform so I don't know how it could miss an MQA file, but my technical knowledge is limited, so, if you say so, I guess it's true. We'll get to the bottom of it.
Top Bottom