Search results

1. A

AudioQuest NRG-X3 Review (AC Power Cord)

I can understand that certain components can affect others. I recently restored my Marantz 2265 (old school!!), but while I was doing it, there were times some noise would come and go. Turns out, it had been picking up my cell phone (just in my pocket, not being used for call, screen off), and...
  2. A

I know it would be a worthless exercise.
  3. A

Makes sense. I am half serious if anyone does have measurements to compare riser blocks and no riser blocks, debunking it.
  4. A

Ahh... Of course! And rubbed with the finest snake oil...
  5. A

I do wonder if amirm has measurements with these cables, or any cables (power or interconnects or speaker wire) using wood blocks to raise the cables off the floor compared to no blocks. Is cedar better or Lincoln Logs?
  6. A

Rotel RB-1070 Amplifier Review

Nice to see this review and measurements of the RB-1070. Back in 2004, I had purchased a Marantz SR5400 receiver and Paradigm Studio 100 v3 towers and CC-570 center. In 2005, I was at a local stereo shop in central Ohio, and they had a Rotel RB-1090 almost 400wrms/ch sitting there for only...
  7. A

Air Pressure and Balloons and Presence Near You

Yeah, I'm sure I'm not the only one. I am sure that not everyone pays attention to stuff like this though. There probably are some that do. I was just wondering if it could be measured when something approaches or is just present at some position near by versus when it's not there.
  8. A

Yeah, that's pretty much what I am thinking as well. I'm just curious if that can be picked up by a microphone. Like start with nothing near, then move an object closer at some increments. And yes, I am also tuned in or just pay attention to people's heat bubble.
  9. A

I have an interesting topic... well it's something I've been fascinated with for many years... I didn't know exactly what section to post this, but this one seemed like the best fit. It's a sensitivity to low frequencies. I'm a basshead (my best car audio system was a Cerwin Vega Stroker 18...
  10. A

Back in 2004 when I bought my Rotel RB-1090 th use with my Paradigm Studio 100 v.3 with signals coming from my Marantz SR-5400, the audio shop guy said, ok before you go, you have to buy these XYZ (whatever brand) RCA cables. They were actually inexpensive at $70 each 1m set. But I turned to...
  11. A

Yeah, I laughed for sure. Kicked myself for not thinking to check that the sub was even on. To swap the cord, I had to enter the equipment closet which the entrance to access the back of the equipment was just outside the theater room (out of his sight). Initially when I swapped, I had...
  12. A

Just a few days ago, I watch Amir's review of this power cord, and it reminded me that I had posted this fun story back in 2019 on Stereophile. AudioQuest power cord review... Real or placebo...? Submitted by AudioTK on March 20, 2019 - 3:30pm This was some interesting reading...
Top Bottom