Search results

1. PHD

Audyssey One (OCA's REW + MultiEQ app based automated script) - anyone here tried it yet?

This looks interesting and promising: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/audyssey-one-oca-does-it-again.3297198/ It's a browser-based script. I'm going to give it a try this weekend. User reports at AVS sound promising (some claim it's better than MultiEQ-X and Dirac Live).
  2. PHD

Can 176.4kHz be beneficial after all? (humans' hearing latency limits)

I found this and other sources that claim that the human ear could be trained to detect audible time differences even below 30us https://www.sfu.ca/sonic-studio-webdav/handbook/Binaural_Hearing.html#:~:text=The%20ear%20can%20detect%20a,MINIMUM%20AUDIBLE%20ANGLE%2C%20PRECEDENCE%20EFFECT. So...
  3. PHD

Onkyo FW update will add new "Denon-inspired" features and improvements (inc Auro 3D and pre-amp mode)

A new FW update is coming for Onkyo Z70 and Z50 https://assets.onkyo-av.com/product-firmware/Firmware_Update_TX-RZ70_12_04-2023.pdf?v=1701687742 Here's what's new: Addition of Auro-3D® for Three-Dimensional Sound Experiences Auro-3D is an advanced audio technology and format that creates a...
  4. PHD

MMM approach and a new calibration app (magic beans)

I wonder what you guys think of this calibration approach? The app is not yet available for purchase but I was told that it should become available in about a week...
  5. PHD

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

I can't say much, but I've talked to a Denon/MASIMO insider who told me that the recent Dirac beta v3.6.7 was released to add support for a new Denon beta/development FW which now runs Dirac ART. It's very likely that ART support will be available before Christmas this year. When you buy an ART...
  6. PHD

Roon cannot queue more than 5100 tracks at a time - is this a bug?

Hi I’m on the latest version of Roon and Roon server running on a 12th gen i7 32GB PC with Windows 11. I have about 103000 tracks in my library. ANY other software such as Foobar2000 or Jriver MC can play all of my tracks in sequential or random order w/o a problem, but Roon will only load...
  7. PHD

Roon cannot fully load any Foobar2000 saved playlist

Hi I’ve created an “All_in” playlist using Foobar2000 that includes all of my music collection - a total of 103051 tracks and saved the playlist as m3u8. I use this list to keep track of my library while I’m cleaning it (deleting rogue duplicate tracks and re-saving the remaining tracks into...
  8. PHD

Is MQA going out of business?

The main financial backers are seeking an exit. Looks like scamming people doesn't pay much anymore. https://www.whathifi.com/news/mqa-is-going-into-administration?fbclid=IwAR1hxJfqF1rjL7T9FUlfu6mBsn1qb1LFw1N-zDXaqQxjzT8VPRzSN2-PLaU
  9. PHD

Jriver sounds better than Roon on Denon X6400H (airplay/upnp or HDMI)

Hi I have a lifetime Roon subscription which I use to play music using my HTPC as an endpoint connected via HDMI to Denon X6400H. I never liked using HEOS for Roon because it uses Airplay 2 which is 48kHz limited. But recently I've installed Jriver and unlike Roon, it does identify the Denon...
  10. PHD

Very strange behavior/malfunction on My Denon X6400H

Hi While I was listening to music from HEOS via headphones connected to my X6400H, the audio on the right headphone speaker started to sound weak, but when I touch the main pre-out RCA cables which connect the X6400H to an external amp, the audio on the right headphone either stops completely...
  11. PHD

Strange clicks on all digital versions of JMJ's Equinox album - what are they?

Hi I have this album on vinyl and it sounds great, then I've listened to it on many digital sources like Deezer HIFI, Apple music', HDTracks downloads, CD rips from torrents, and even on Youtube, all of the digital sources have storage clicks throughout the album, which are most noticeable in...
  12. PHD

USB to HDMI digital converter with multichannel PCM support?

Hi Is there a digital converter that will connect to a PC via USB (like a DAC) and show up as a sound device, but instead of a DAC, it will have coax/optical and HDMI (audio-only) outputs with multichannel PCM (and DSD if possible)? I could not find any results for such a device online. Thanks
Top Bottom