Search results

1. S

Measurements of Amphion One18 and Amp500

I didn’t even notice the frequency response having that. Looks odd for sure. To be fair, amphions own measurements share this, so at least they aren’t hiding it. I actually came across this because I didn’t know of any measurements done by anyone on Amphion speakers, so after seeing the...
  2. S

Amphion Krypton 3X

If these were active (or subtract $5k for price of amps) and there was some measurements etc, I’d consider
  3. S

Measurements of Amphion One18 and Amp500

I often see biased posts like this, followed by several likes on here.. Anyways, I was also biased in that I thought their point source claim was untrue but these measurements show really good vertical directivity
  4. S

Advice needed - Kef LS60 vs Kii vs D&D

Hmmm. I just realized… I wonder if they will offer advice for using a sub with these then, or is it one of those things where they don’t expect people would want to deal with subs with the “lifestyle” approach
  5. S

That’s to the back of the speaker. The sound emanates from the front. Most their speakers are 12ish + inches deep putting you around 20 inches, not 7.9 So 20ish inches is MINIMUM, so odds are, it will be more than 20 inches… which is why I said a couple feet. When calculating SBIR, you use the...
  6. S

Geithains make a lot of sense if you are pulling your speakers a couple feet or more from the front wall, but not if you slamming them up close to the front wall. Kii seven is opposite. Put them up close to the front wall and get extra free bass, attenuate if needed and now less distortion from...
  7. S

Wow thanks for asking and they answered transparently. I wonder what they would recommend for pairing a sub in this case
  8. S

Can you look at the bottom of the sevens and see if they have the ability to slide on either BXT’s or maybe a different extension unit in the future? Perfect “excuse” to check them out haha
  9. S

You have the Kii seven? Can you tell if it’s a sealed enclosure or ported? (Curious about how the low end drops off)
  10. S

Do you already have your room acoustically treated? And by that I mean… dedicated space with $$$ into treatment? Measured etc.. If not, then yes… I’ve bought two sets of speakers AND have boat loads of money into treatment and am still wanting the Kii seven’s - waiting on measurements..
  11. S

I highly doubt you will find anyone who has compared Kii Seven to much of anything (unless you count auditioning speakers at an event) I’m patiently waiting for measurements on the Kii seven
  12. S

New Kef in wall speakers

Woofers cross over at 640 hz???
  13. S

New Kii Seven

I’m dying to know how these measure. Placing these as close to the front as possible, to roughly a foot out is a safe bet (since the woofers are side mounted, you don’t need to factor in the entire length). If you look at measurements of the Three, I’m not convinced they are cardioid to 50 hz...
  14. S

New Kii Seven

I noticed that the width is identical to the three’s. I wonder if the sevens will slide on and connect to a BXT
  15. S

New Kii Seven

Since they are pushing the Atmos card, I would think the SPL/THD ratio would be decent since Atmos “requires” a lot of headroom
  16. S

Kii THREE versus KII THREE/BXT

I see. More difference than I would have thought. I’m curious to see what the difference is from having absorbers on the floor vs no absorbers at all (or just remove the floor absorbers and leave the rest of your room the same vs moving the absorbers on the floor to the side walls) This would...
  17. S

New Kii Seven

Can you provide the crossover ranges? I’m having a hard time finding those specs. I was aware that the woofers would be different because there is a completely different layout.. but haven’t seen where the crossovers are in relation to Kii three’s.
  18. S

Kii THREE versus KII THREE/BXT

4 inches of velocity/porous absorption won’t touch anything below 250 hz. Do you think floor bounce issues above 250 hz?
  19. S

New Kii Seven

Is this another red herring? What is there to be concerned about the midrange, that you need to tell us? Something of substance to support any claims is not required but will help your situation
  20. S

New Kii Seven

Cardioid from 130 hz makes a lot more sense. You could really get them close to the front wall and since the woofers are on the sides, it puts the SBIR dip even higher in frequency the closer you are to the front wall - compared to woofers being on the front of the speaker. Curious about the...
Top Bottom