Search results

1. M

The ADC Conundrum: For studio and audiophiles looking for the right features

Word of warning ... Microsoft already has Win 10 in their End-of-Life crosshairs. So you may want to target Win 11 now. As your Win 10 system may be in the same boat as Win 7 the day after you finish with it. ;)
  2. M

Fosi Audio SK-01 Headphone Amplifier Review

Wow... utility and decent mid-fi at a low-fi price.
  3. M

SoundArtist ("BBC") LS3/5A Speaker Review

I always thought the point of this speaker that it was known to be shit, but if your mix created on superior speakers sounded good on this too, you were golden to release to the masses as the majority have something akin to this.
  4. M

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Did you purchase this Boss2 unit with the stainless steel case or acrylic case?
  5. M

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Any reader here in the know as to whether Allo is still operational? I just bought two Boss v1.2 off the UK Pi Hut site (they had 8 when I did so, and I was amazed to find that to be so), though what I really wanted was Boss v2. But there are none of those to be found anywhere. And Allo...
  6. M

M&K S-150THX Speaker Review

Thanks for sharing. A great read. Just a comment about the tripoles. They are very fragile and may not have survived all the years for your in a similar fashion to me.
  7. M

Dan Clark Audio Ether Flow 1.1 Headphone Review

The original Ether, non-C measured best, from what I recall; mine was traded up and evolved into an Ether Flow C that was really perked up by the 1.1 kit. Tho I often wish I still had it in its original form. On a related note, wonder where all those classic Ether measurements went; not...
  8. M

Hifiman, what are they thinking?

My two cents noone asked for (lol) regarding what I heard vs what I see is accurately described as wonky in the measurement... As a man with highly affected hearing from loud music pushing 60 I appreciated the high frequency peaky boost of this. I also tend to say rather than a V tuning, I...
  9. M

The top and bottom tweeters are in series, thus each gets half power. That pair is in parallel to the center, which gets full power.
  10. M

Nice use of way back machine! :^D I have 3 of these I will never part with. 2 matching subs (a requirement to use one w/ these, that M&K pioneered or was at the forefront at least early on way before this series) and 2 tripole surrounds too. The latter should not have had the THX designation...
  11. M

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

@amirm Hello, just a quick note of an oddity on the search feature of the Reviews Index section related to this. When I search for FiiO or BTR with the option of "Auto" or "Any" on this page: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/Reviews/ >> Audio Electronics ... FiiO...
  12. M

SCH-REMOTE Digital VU/Spectrum Meter Review

I wouldn't go that far. Go to eBay and search for "spectrum analyzer audio". However who knows if any of those other devices have the superior buffering amirm proved this one to have vs other monitoring devices he tested in the past. For that reason and the not-too-laggy capture to display...
  13. M

SCH-REMOTE Digital VU/Spectrum Meter Review

Boy, those two things are on very different levels of the expense curve. Haha.
  14. M

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Mine doesn't have exactly that. But mine has been screwed up for years, either within or right after my 1st year of ownership. Really destroyed any chance to sell it. And has soured me on Gustard. (I turned auto display off off to take the pics, but is normally now on, and display...
  15. M

Pyle PT8000CH 8-Channel Amplifier Review

My memory goes back to reading that for "state of the art" solid state amplification you should expect 0.01% THD ... that was about the mid 1970s. So that would put this comparable to amps in the era of the early 1960? That said, a few years ago I picked up a big 3U Rane 6 channel amp [MA 6]...
  16. M

B&O Beolab 20 Speaker Review

Those I remeber. Not those. (is it true that that tweeter is rather fragile?) But maybe my memory is failing me and I'm conflating that speaker and tweeter with the one this beolab is using, and Radio Shack never used it.
  17. M

B&O Beolab 20 Speaker Review

Radio Shack once sold a speaker with that [patented/ pat pending, at the time] tweeter. Decades later when the era of eBay came to be, I could never figure out the model. Does anyone happen to remember that and know the model?
  18. M

Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

Lol. This thing would barely make that whisper.
  19. M

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

Only to put your mind at ease, I think enhancements to this little beauty is at the point of diminishing returns. I certainly will agree, noone wants to buy something then find an updated version is released soon after. As for myself as an owner of the G3 I won't feel any remorse if a G4 is...
Top Bottom