Search results

1. bobhol

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Ever since I was given a pair of AR9 speakers and bought some amps to power them I've been very happy and content.
  2. bobhol

Vinyl record clamp

Well there is a little bit of truth in what you say. But what is "engineering" and who is an Engineer has been a moving target over the decades since the start of the Industrial Revolution. Going back to the thirties I've watched movies where the Engineer is some know-it all college graduate...
  3. bobhol

The kit we bought, our current setups

Per Steve Goodman: My baby came to me this morning She said. “I’m kind of confused” If me and B.B. King were both drowning Which one would you choose”. I said whoo babe, I said Whooo babe, I said WHOOOO BABE I AIN’T NEVER HEARD YOU PLAY NO BLUES.
  4. bobhol

Correlating measurements to audibility

All would be solved if we all could get our ears Calibrated to the same standard. And I don't just mean what frequencies can we hear, though I admit I'm only half serious about this statement. But the truth is that we all hear things differently. Also being able to rid ourselves of spurious...
  5. bobhol

EVGA is taking on Creative and ASUS with a PCIe sound card

Would not give this a second look. I'm very happy with my USB DAC/ADC and for a lot less cash.
  6. bobhol

Review and Measurements of Musiland MU1 Headphone Adapter

Yes great to see equipment that is worth its price. Now if I could just figure where I would ever use it. Is this for Iphones without 3.5 ports? Or maybe laptops with lousy internal DAC's? Showing my age again
  7. bobhol

Where can I buy a MAGA hat in Vegas?

Trump Jr. says you wouldn't last 2 seconds in Downtown Chicago with that hat.
  8. bobhol

First post / looking for system advice

If you like I-Tunes stay with it. More info would be helpful. What is your Budget. New or Used. How small is this room. Do you have a preference as far as ascetics. Its very hard to determine what is going to sound good to your ears.
  9. bobhol

Show us your Cars

used 2015 Fiesta ST
  10. bobhol

Passive speakers, separate boxes...help me understand the appeal

I stick around here to try to pick up as much as I can about the current trends in Audio. I am way behind some of the people here. I had a CD player in 85 but I didn't really look at it as being digital. Ten years ago I was digitizing lp's in to a computer with an upgraded sound card. Two...
  11. bobhol

Turntables - help me understand the appeal?

I grew up with vinyl. And I'm a nuts and bolts type of guy who prides himself with being able to take things apart and put them back together again. Just bought my dream affordable table (Dual 1229) and was almost disappointed that I didn't have to dive deeper into it to get it running as new...
  12. bobhol

Recommend please best DAC for TV/Music Server

Hello Welcome to ASR. I am curious as to your want of a remote control with the DAC. I guess that you want to control the volume. I'm being to lazy to look up the SMSL and Topping units
  13. bobhol

What type of person are you?

Hilarious. I am amazed that my current system sounds so good to my ears. But its sort of a blessing/curse that I'm the only one who listens to it.
  14. bobhol

Asus Xonar STX or Good integrated? (MSI x470)

I also got tired of playing around with sound cards and went to an external DAC.
  15. bobhol

Sending back the Vega and the Project Pre Box

Thank you BDWoody for posting your thoughts on this. That Krell does look very capable. My problem with a lot of 15+ year old preamps/AVR receivers is that you need to use an On Screen Display to do setup. I am really ignorant when it comes to video and I see no way of using a computer monitor...
  16. bobhol

Vintage Audio Gear - Hoarding VS Selling?

I struggle with this also. I suspect I have enough equipment to last for the rest of my life including down sized equipment that my wife may tolerate when we eventually downsize to a smaller abode. But I still have more than I need. Selling vintage equipment can be difficult. The general public...
  17. bobhol

Jazz ♫ Music only | In the now, or recently, or that you love...

Just sat down in my listening chair to listen to a local NPR Jazz show called The Friday Night Vibe. 3 hours of jazz. Don't miss it unless I'm away from home and away from the internet. Two local DJ's take turns of hosting. Playing traditional Be-Bop tonight.
  18. bobhol

what do people think about the "Klipsch sound" ?

I agree with what Wombat said. Klipsch has a long history of producing speakers. One constant with their speakers is high efficiency. So does high efficiency sound different than low efficiency if used with appropriate amplification? Or do other factors of speaker design have a bigger factor...
  19. bobhol

Classical Warhorse Recommendations

I like your list. As far as the best recording's/performances that could be a lot of work. The best advise that I've seen is to stick with major labels and with well known conductors and performances. Don't be too concerned about the age of the performance/recording. There is still a lot of...
Top Bottom