Search results

1. C

Rotary Switch to compare 2 Amplifiers?

Another member suggested getting this Rotary Switch to A/B test two amps with the same pair of speakers. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get more clarification, and I’m not an engineer (sorry). I don't want to fry anything, so would like to double check, how to connect everything (Aiyima A07...
  2. C

Reliable Copper Banana Plugs in Europe?

Specifically Locking Banana or BFA. More budget friendly (my system isn’t super high end … yet). Most of the stuff I see on Amazon in Europe is Nakamichi. I just saw a video proving with a magnet that they are in fact not 100% copper: This made me think bare 100% copper wire might be better...
  3. C

Wireless/TWS Setup: Earbuds vs BT Adapter + IEMs? Quality, value ...

Thinking about getting a wireless setup for around 100 usd / 95 eur. Since I can't try and return the IEMs/TWSs, would be grateful for some help. Thinking: a) TWS earbuds - seems Anker Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro. Unless Galaxy Buds 2 (not pro) can be better ... b) Or IEMs + a BT Adapter (but less...
  4. C

Metal plant stand = good speaker stand?

I currently have these (different branding), but am considering something better looking: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MonitorStd--on-stage-stands-sms6000-p-studio-monitor-stands-pair Do (pictured below) rectangular metal plant stands make good speaker stands? As compared to the ones...
  5. C

How to keep the sound from neighbours?

Just got a message from my neighbour asking to keep it down. Apparently they even heard in the other end of their 76m2 apartment. What can I do to listen not too quietly without disturbing them? So far, the speakers (front ported Elac DBR-62) were standing on a sideboard, which is mounted to...
  6. C

DAC+Streamer? 2in1 VS Topping e30 mk2 VS SMSL Sanskrit 10 mk3 VS Argon Audio

As many, I'm looking for a DAC and a Streamer. Q1. Would it be better to buy the two separately? Or maybe there's a good 2in1 for a similar price? The only ones I found mentioned here are the two Argon Audios, but no measurements of their DACs in here. All the poll options are similar price. Q2...
  7. C

How to improve my setup? Elac DBR62 + Pioneer A-505R + Topping d10s DAC + Wiim Mini streamer

Thanks to this great forum, I've upgraded to the Elac DBR-62 speakers (thank you!). The rest is still a mystery for me. Currently considering piecing the following setup and am curious: Q1. Which elements should I change/upgrade to improve the audio quality/experience the most? Bearing in mind...
Top Bottom