Search results

1. M

New to audio...looking for a push in the right direction (regarding my setup)

Had not heard of Roon. After reading about it not sure if it is overkill or not for my situation but it does sound useful. I ordered an optical cable so will try that out. Also ordered an RSL speedwoofer recently so should get that in a couple of weeks and can begin learning about integrating...
  2. M

This is helpful and does seem simple, thank you. I guess I arrive back at my previous issue trying to determine if streaming through my CCA is better than plugging my laptop into it. When streaming through my CCA I was not able to find a parametric EQ that worked while streaming to it either...
  3. M

This makes sense to me. Thanks for your input. I am not familiar with "optical in". I am attaching a picture from the manual for my receiver, if you have time or see this could you glance at it and tell me if I have that capability on my receiver? It's an older hand-me-down so I'm still learning...
  4. M

This is interesting, thanks for your perspective. Honestly I'll have to do more reading about DACs to fully understand what they are and how they fit into the system, but I think I understand what you're saying. After doing some reading today I ordered an RSL Speedwoofer sub to add to my...
  5. M

Unfortunately it did not have the microphone with it when it was given to me, so I'm trying to determine if it's worth ordering the replacement or just waiting till I can upgrade to a better receiver/amplifier. So far I'm leaning toward the latter.
  6. M

Thanks for your reply, that post you linked is helpful and I have read some of the suggested apps, but still not sure which ones may be able to use the configured result filter of a REW/Umik-1 assessment. I have a Denon AVR-590. Slightly old and seems underpowered but it was free and is working...
  7. M

Not sure what toslink/optical is I will have to read about that. I have it connected through a 3.5mm cable. I do have full dynamic range selected in the CCA settings and noticed a significant improvement when doing that. Since posting this however I have switched to using my macbook pro (it's...
  8. M

So I found a free app with parametric eqing for my laptop and have been using that instead of the manual eq on my receiver and my speakers sound significantly better than before. Thank you. I went and read about REW and using it with the Umik, and watched a helpful video. I understand how I...
  9. M

Thank you, this is helpful to me, I did not understand at first the idea of the width of the band being relevant but it makes sense now. I appreciate your replies.
  10. M

Thank you for your reply! I will keep all of that in mind moving forward. It does sound like for now using my current AVR and trying to optimize its use while learning more and getting an idea of my needs and budget is going to be my best option. I read about the Umik-1 and REW and it seems...
  11. M

Hello, I am new on this forum and to audio equipment in general. I will try to be concise. I have done a bit of reading here and there and am working to familiarize myself with vocabulary and general concepts. As most reading this likely know it is a real rabbit hole. I have always enjoyed...
Top Bottom