Search results

1. S

Ascend Acoustics - ELX Towers or Sierra EX + a subwoofer?

Have you heard the ELX towers in person? How do you like your Lintons? Do they have a wide horizontal sweet spot as one hears about Ascend and Philharmonic models? I don’t intend to coax you into speaking ill of the Wharfedales but they are another model I’ve considered and I would be interested...
  2. S

Ha, yes, more would seem to be better as long as room correction is there to clean up the excess. I don’t know that my budget stretches to everything now but I may be able to get there in time. For giggles, if I couldn’t have it all, would monitors + sub + Dirac be better than towers alone or...
  3. S

Thanks for all of your input, everyone! I guess maybe the LX is back on the menu. Which leaves me with maybe a more generic “full range towers vs monitors and subs” question. Not necessarily easier (for me) but maybe a little more of a standard issue dilemma. I should search more here. Thanks...
  4. S

Hello and thanks for your suggestion! I have definitely considered the LX. It is my impression that the EX v2s outperform the LX in most areas, with bass being the exception. My hope, then, was that the EXs with sub would be better than either the EX or LX models alone. The reasons I’d likely...
  5. S

Hello all, I’m trying to decide between getting a pair of the Sierra EX speakers and a sub vs getting a pair of ELX towers *with the dome tweeters*. As I see it, the strong points of each option are something like this: Sierra EX +Flexibility (can change stand arrangement to adjust height...
  6. S

A power consumption question for owners of Luxman integrated amps

Hello, I have what might be considered an oddball question for owners of late model Luxman integrated amps: have you observed whether there is a change in your amp's power consumption when the speaker selector switch is set to Off? I am wondering if the power amp section is turned off in this...
  7. S

Recommendations for speakers that sound good throughout a room (Ohm Walsh, BMR Monitors, etc)

I think that I'm probably going to try stick with passive speakers outside of a possible sub. I like the idea of being able to use the speakers if the amp dies. I didn't know about that feature of the LS50 wireless IIs, though. I will at least read up and have a fresh look at my inclination...
  8. S

Recommendations for speakers that sound good throughout a room (Ohm Walsh, BMR Monitors, etc)

Wow, those are really something else. I will try to wrap my head around them. Thank you!
  9. S

That's a great suggestion, I will see if I can get a hand from Mr Murphy. As for the Ohms, they do benefit from a little room. To my ears and in my space, though, they seem to do well at about 24" from the wall. I know that not everyone is a fan of omnidirectional (or semi-omnidirectional)...
  10. S

Hello all, While I’ve followed a number of discussions here in the past, this is my first post. I wasn’t sure whether to post in this forum or under the Audio Beginner/Newbie Technical Forum. I hope you all won’t mind too much if I made the wrong choice. Having said all that, I suppose I will...
Top Bottom