Search results

1. Ilkless

Your latest cool purchase

I must say I expected that to be worn the other way round
  2. Ilkless

This is a more rugged, rustic style of leatherwork that doesn't need much babying. Maybe an occasional coat of leather cream/wax as recommended by the maker every few months. For instance this is how a satchel from the same maker as mine aged after years of use.
  3. Ilkless

Stateside, there's Frank Clegg and Lotuff I've heard good things about in the same vein as Glaser. If you want something more delicate (and expensive!), like Hermes but better and without the brand premium, there's April in Paris (ex-Hermes top leatherworker) and Chester Mox, a student of hers...
  4. Ilkless

I have seen some carved and tooled wallets from makers in the US and Vietnam, something like this: https://www.virgohandmadeleather.com/products/copy-of-lily-handbag-with-detachable-strap The airbrushed style typically comes from artists who paint on existing bags, I believe the term is...
  5. Ilkless

I'm getting this direct from a craftsman in the countryside, who gets raw materials from niche artisanal suppliers local(ish) to him. His bags start from ~$400 up, which I feel is reasonable considering he wet moulds pieces of leather and them stitches them together with just needle and thread...
  6. Ilkless

This will mostly be for carrying small items when I'm outside on weekends and holidays. My work requires me to bring a laptop around and a leather satchel that big in really good thick hide would be ridiculously heavy. That said I did see a colleague use an iPad Mini for work quite...
  7. Ilkless

Just put in an order for a handstitched leather satchel by a French craftsman I've been admiring for some time, and realised there wasn't a catch-all thread for cool purchases. It will be in thick vegetable-tanned hazelnut-coloured leather from a small French tannery, with fasteners made in...
  8. Ilkless

ATC speakers / Monitors

Conspiratorial ad hominems don't detract from technical critiques of ATC speakers that fanboys fail to understand
  9. Ilkless

Spirits, what you drinking...

I find that excellent cask strength whiskies can come in at 60-65% ABV and be perfectly drinkable. Just had a 63.9% Chichibu at a bar and it was delectable
  10. Ilkless

The sweet spot! I can take the 60+% ABV stuff, but 48.5% is enough to give enough body while minimising risk of harshness
  11. Ilkless

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Saison Dupont, lots of apple, touch of berries and light malt.
  12. Ilkless

B&W vs Estelon vs Magico - Recent Demo

Blade One Meta Genelec 8361 + 371A subs Kii Three BXT
  13. Ilkless

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

Excuse the glass
  14. Ilkless

Mangoes, honeydew, apricot, green apples. A bit of wooly notes I associate with very old malts stored in bottles for very long, but within acceptable thresholds. Delectable.
  15. Ilkless

Do you care about speaker looks / appearance?

I'm still a sucker for walnut-clad Italian-made speakers and am thinking seriously about giving the new Sonus Faber Sonetto actives a whirl
  16. Ilkless

Then Wylam's Lush pale ale on tap Then Ziemia Obiecana Mangifera:
  17. Ilkless

Measurements of Amphion One18 and Amp500

Last I checked a 550Hz 3dB peak smack in the midrange wasn't necessary for good vertical directivity. Nor can anything with such a peak pretend to be accurate
  18. Ilkless

And before that, Puhaste x Megobrebi "Made in Singapore" https://untappd.com/b/puhaste-brewery-made-in-singapore/5674183
  19. Ilkless

A single cask independently-bottled "teaspooned" Laphroaig. Quite mellow smoke, white chocolate and green grapes. At a friend's place. And this haul from a whisky auction.
Top Bottom