Search results

1. S

Help me select 5.1 speakers built for wide, clear dialog in a weird room

Good to know! It does seem like the UC52 is clearly my best option for my 9.25-inch shelf-height size constraint. The L/R bookshelf speakers that I pair with it is where I’m still debating. I haven’t read through that giant UB52 thread yet, but boy, it’s something. And then there’s the Polk...
  2. S

What do you all think of mixing Polk R100 L/R with Elac UC52 center? (Yes, this discount is burning a hole in my pocket…) Would I notice this “mismatch” while watching TV and movies?
  3. S

I live in the Boston area. What kind of “local marketplaces” are you referring to?
  4. S

My center has to be horizontal, unfortunately. Elac UC52 plus two UB52s seems reasonable, but it pains me to give up that Polk discount. I really can’t beat this with 2x the cost in Polk? As for three UB52s, I don’t recall if a UB52 laid on its side (see above constraint) has a spread is...
  5. S

Yeah, the content is surely a factor. But I’m just trying to improve on my current system’s center, with its 3-inch “woofer” and 0.75-inch tweeter, which is very old and very bad off-axis. Low bar!
  6. S

Executive Summary: Help me build a sub-$2K 5.1 speaker set for TV and movies with great dialog clarity and spread in a really weird room with tough space constraints, plus one weird pricing factor. The long version: I’ve spent the last week in the home-theater-speaker rabbit hole, including...
Top Bottom