Search results

1. V

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

Because it Is a 768khz device and i once read that It night upsample every signal at 32/768?
  2. V

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

I don't understand, does this upsample everytime to 768khz even if shows 44.1khz or 48khz? So filters to have hi-res frequencies for trade offs like slow or off would be to discard, theoretically.
  3. V

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Yeah it's the recommended option here, but on high gain there is more less crosstalk and wider stage, and with planars at least, i find the sound is even more unlocked and powerful.. With La-qxd1 which i'll sell soon, i use xlr on 887 and therr is 4,3volts, it creates distortion, if i lower by 3...
  4. V

Okok, i will.. Stay ok with it.. But i heard with TV since it's great optical master clock, can have problems? I have a flagship 2020 samsung 4k tv, short hdmi by playstation for audio, then optical tv > dac. And i heard thx aaa 887 amps does clip with high gain over 2 volts, but i use it...
  5. V

Error correction. But oversampling/upsample filtering like a pc do i mean, making low-res sounds by playstation via optical or whatever cable, i guess we were talking about that..? That would mean not any new-great measuring expensive dac's doesn't do it, and to get it i should get expensive...
  6. V

So so so, at the end of the day the dac's oversampling, won't oversample "low res" 44khz or 48khz data in optical, into higher? :(
  7. V

With Topping D50 a year ago i find differences, i'm 22 and i was using Linear phase fast roll-off, also because i heard it was the most correct by some experts here, but L-phase on Gustard X16 might not be linear-phase fast roll-off.. I'm a bit confused again, you mentioned 22khz roll-off, so...
  8. V

Oh thanks, you are the first one to tell me it does, it's about 2 year i'm biased how to get at least 96khz hi-res bitrate for my Playstation 3 and 4 systems in optical 44khz, turns out with Topping D50 time ago I had hi-res and with X16 i will too, maybe even 384khz sample or more which every...
  9. V

I don't get it a little, if it's called oversampling, why amir graphs shows it doesn't goes up to 24khz? Maybe just because he use measurements cut of 44khz? Should oversampling go to 96khz or higher? I would really love a dac that oversample my 44/48khz sources to go 96khz, especially with...
  10. V

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Someone can comfirm with measurements if crosstalk decreases in gain I to gain II particularly, is not only affected with SE output for headphones, but even balanced headphones output?
  11. V

Review and Measurements of Gustard DAC-X26

Not my fault if on google 'Gustard official site' or 'Gustard website' doesn't show. I searched 5 minutes, i also remember asking Gustard via messages and they didn't reply me. So dude, i asked. Sorry for that.
  12. V

Yes in fact i searched many times. I remember they got a strange naming, not even linked on facebook page. If you know would be nice to see.
  13. V

Right. What's called the Gustard Website?
  14. V

Yes, it is, this doesn't have usb audio, maybe when i will get a newer one...
  15. V

Then again, interesting to see is 120 sinad will go 80 with it and ruin sound quality, eheh. Thanks anyway for the input, will open a thread probably, there should be also well measuring/performing extractors somewhere Well, i heard UAC1 is supported for usb by Ps4 and Ps5, so i guess, in fact...
  16. V

I don't use tv, but monitor, so i can't with it.. I will have to find a different solution but maybe a thread for that. Just wanted to know in short if there could be a method with X16, or if not, if Gustard is aware of, like firmware update for USB UAC1 compability..
  17. V

There should be a method to get good sound from PS5 to X16, i mean a good HDMI to I2s extractor maybe, since PS5 doesn't have optical unfortunately, but only HDMI audio, usb is only UAC1 and i don't think can be used with X16 anytime soon, but i hope so.. PS5 for me would be the only futuristic...
  18. V

Does MQA works only with compatible music, or it does upscale on every content with the new ess chip? Also as i use SPDIF only, and maybe I2S with an hdmi splitter if it will work with Playstation 5, since USB probably isn't supported for PS5, really the jitter will be as low to 0ps from the DAC?
  19. V

SMSL SP400 Balanced Headphone Amplifier THX AAA

Great but, doesn't also other great-measuring amplifiers doesn't distort at any gain, right?
Top Bottom