Search results

1. S

Bricks List: 36V & 48V Power Supplies (for Fosi, Aiyima etc.)

Amateur here too. I have the BT30D pro and have run it on it's standard 32v PS and also an 8 amp 24v PS. Either way, it is party loud on the two different sets of speakers I have*. We do use the sub amplifier in it, so that's drawing part of the power and affecting the volume perception as...
  2. S

Fosi Audio BT30D PRO TPA3255 "Subjective review"

I was the one who suggested the 3251 might be the reason for the voltage spec that matches that one better than the 3255. Anyway, it's effectively the same, whether it's the chip or something else in the circuit that limits the max voltage. But happy to know that my hypothesis is proven...
  3. S

Fosi ZA3 TPA3255 Mono/Stereo Switchable Amplifier, and vs Aiyima A07 Max

I don't think that your assumption is correct. R/livesound is one place to learn more about live music sound systems if you want to justify an opinion with facts. But certainly valid to say you don't like subs. I suspect that what you actually mean is that you don't like the way most people...
  4. S

Fosi Audio BT30D Pro review

Cool to see. That's a very different device at a very different price point for sure! I think there are plenty of options in that niche today but I'm not interested personally. To me getting great sound at <$100 (in today's money) is what got me. That Realistic was what? $150 - 200 back then...
  5. S

I like your push towards the next level for these. It does seem like Fosi (or Aiyima !) could notch it up- offer the full 48V capable dual 3255 2.1. Keep the passive sub out controls AND add a switchable high pass filter for the mains. Keep a Pre out - before the high pass. Retains the...
  6. S

I love that this one has the pre-out that it does. I can't find another amp in this class (<$100 3255/3251 with passive sub out ) that has preamp out also. And I haven't seen anything that has a high pass filter although agreed that that would be good. I don't think anything close to this...
  7. S

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

Hey - the $100 amp (Fosi BT30D pro) works great in our application ! All we had to do was ventilate it. But I'm not supposed to use it? Maybe I can clarify. There is no money in our projects nor any need to get into professional equipment. Our events are 15-25 friends on a patio for a...
  8. S

Hi- Yes I saw that Fosi said they tested for overheating. Rather than a general statement I would prefer to hear "We tested this product at this power output for this long at these ambient temperatures and measured these temps here and here" So that the testing would include full acceptable...
  9. S

Would love to see similar test @ 80 F.
  10. S

Audio quality is important but keeping the amp running comes first. I suspect that you run your devices in a cool indoor environment at a comfortable volume for a personal listening stage. In our use, we run our Fosi BT30 pro (a dual 3255) at high volume in an outdoor humid 29-30 c setting...
  11. S

I have a couple of questions about the measurements. Probably my ignorance but anyway; - why does the second amp show such a shallow drop in gain above the peak (crossover ) point? Is it not a low pass filter? Very low slope, right? - how do you actually know what the crossover point...
  12. S

How about just adding offering a switchable high pass filter at 80hz ? And please do keep the preamp out for connecting a powered sub or any other amps.
  13. S

https://www.amazon.com/MEAN-WELL-LRS-350-36-Enclosed-Switching/dp/B0131VAEEG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=357QLLLHKCBVB&keywords=meanwell+lrs+350+36&qid=1682895913&s=industrial&sprefix=meanwell+lrs+350+%2Cindustrial%2C1192&sr=1-3
  14. S

This unit is rated to 36V. The 32V supply it ships with is 5 amps. I don't know that much about how power supplies work but the simple math says that's 160 watts of supplied power. Evenly split that would be 80 watts supply for the sub chip and 40 per channel for the mains. Call it 70 + 35...
  15. S

I prefer having the pre-out. I bought a 2.1 for passive sub because I have a passive sub. If I wanted a 2.1 for active sub there are other Fosi models with a line level sub out. This is the only one that has pre-out. We use it for a second set of speakers. This is the only 325x amp that...
  16. S

Es una pregunta porque no 48v. Ya hice y me contestaron x los capacitores pero no parece. Yo sigo con la idea que la verdad es porque los estan vendiendo con 3251 y no 3255. O tal vez estoy equivocado. Hubo fotos de adentro sin "heatsink" pero no los puedo ver. De todos modos es chip de...
  17. S

Found on this site posted by another. I also had ours apart to drill out ventilation holes. The large black capacitors are rated 50V. Lo encontre aqui en el foro. Tambien dearmamos nuestro para poner huecos de ventilacion. Las capacitores negras grandes son de 50V.
  18. S

Oh well. In any case, for us existing owners, upgrading to a 36V 9- 10 amp power supply will still allow most of this amp's power and headroom, especially with the (usually) low impedence subwoofer where it matters.. LRS-350-36 does the job.
  19. S

Yes, because this is a 2.1, I would prefer to have the full power of the 3255. While I am very satisfied with the performance and especially the price/performance ratio, we are using this amp for an ongoing outdoor dance and may upgrade our subwoofer to a better but less sensitive driver and...
  20. S

Hi. Thanks for responding! I have never been able to get my browser to open fosiaudio.com. It is blocked ny malwarebytes saying "website blocked due to compromised" So I cannot see the document you linked to. BUT your other site fosiaudioshop.com works fine. That is where I bought my...
Top Bottom