Search results

1. camerarooster

Finally got some answer here. Also ask for some advice for 2 channel set up

Tried Kali Lp-6 V2 today, sounds good enough! Will order a pair tomorrow. Is there any other recommended subwoofer rather than Yamaha ones and WH-D10? I've read some thread these days, some people suggest the subwoofer are identical no matter expensive or not. (But I think the driver size still...
  2. camerarooster

Sadly it has been my room for almost 20 years, and maybe the next two decades... The house in Taiwan is quite small. Googled DSP, looks like using EQ or some other software to make the hardware do their best? My plan is to leave this desk set up as my pc speakers, and will make another passive...
  3. camerarooster

Found a store close to my home and they sell Kali LP 6 V2! Will try with my ear in two or three days. Kali have advanced LP8 and IN8, but since you didn't mention these two models, I guess they are not so cost/ performance high compared to LP 6. Used my app to measure my listen sound pressure...
  4. camerarooster

Yes, second hand is a good choice. The speakers I'm using is one, economic choice. ^^ I'll loop my pc digital signals to my Marantz PM6006, and then RCA out to the speaker XLR in.
  5. camerarooster

8030s is the ceiling of my budget this time, though I seldom listen loud, there're still chances I might need to play under high volume. BTW, I 've checked the manuals of 8020d and KH 120, they have analog input only. Should I connect my pc digital output to my amp, then to the 8020d/ KH 120 or...
  6. camerarooster

I've reread all the post everyone responded, will go for active speakers, maybe Genelec 8020d or some Neumann. No more hesitated now. :) Also subwoofer, UMIK-1 piece by piece. Started studying information about EQ. Also enquired some stores here, but they sell passive speakers mostly. The audio...
  7. camerarooster

Hi, @ZolaIII. I know active speakers look like an economic choice for me now, and Genelec 8030c is something affordable and famous, but still hesitating if I should buy passive speakers cause I'll definitely buy a miniDSP ASAP and change the setting of my furniture and workspace. Maybe I'm...
  8. camerarooster

Since my Wharfedale Diamond 220 is regular speaker, how can I set it for better near field listening? With EQ? I've read some thread that MiniDSP was compared to RME ADI-2 when talking about EQ and measuring functions. It seems they both lack of output ability for speakers? Considering buying...
  9. camerarooster

A million thank to everyone who replied, really surprised and glad to see so many friendly, useful advice! For more details, my room is 2.5 X 4 meters,(8.2 x 13 feet), half for my desk. The speakers are 10cm/4 inches from the back wall and 15mins from side wall/bookshelf. The main source is my...
  10. camerarooster

Hi Jae, You played the bass solo? I never know there's Chinese website like ASR! Reading English is okay for me, it just takes five times slower than I read Chinese:p I plan to put $4000~$6000 budget maybe in 10 years. I'll upgrade the gears one by one, this time for a speaker under $2500. I...
  11. camerarooster

Thanks for your kind reply. Cause my room is quite too small, there's no space for multi-channel system. I'll get a UMIK 1 for EQ as you said.
  12. camerarooster

You are right, my room is 2.5 X 4 meter,(8.2 x 13 feet), half for the bed, half for my desk. This is my desk, the speakers are 10cm/4 inches away from the wall. All the other gears are under my desk. My ears are about 80cm/26 inch from the speaker. If I buy a subwoofer, I have to put them under...
  13. camerarooster

Thanks for explaining what Dirac is. Your explanation is clear and easy to understand. Very friendly to a English-foreing-language newbie I didn't get it very clear, the CD player is connected to my amp seperately. That allows me to listen CD without turning my pc. Feel free to contact me if...
  14. camerarooster

Thanks! You gave me a very clear direction. I've seen others mentioned UMIK 1, just thought I'll need it when I have all the gears. Will buy it soon and learn how to do EQ. :) Also thanks for the cable guide, I can save the money for better speaker now!
  15. camerarooster

Hi everyone here, greetings from Taiwan, a country famous for making chips in your iphone and audio machines. I've always had issue how to find real useful advice for audio set up, and after five years of reading advice from EXPERT, I've finally got here! In the beginning of my audio journey...
Top Bottom