Search results

1. F

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

Incredible. The noise seems to be dominated by mains. Is there a way to guesstimate the sinad with a better power supply?
  2. F

Best mini pc for Tidal

If you want a better form factor than raspberry pi, i suggest the intel nuc nuc6cayh. You can get them around 120ish and with 20 bucks for hdd and 20 bucks for ram you have a decent pc.
  3. F

Raspberry pi jitter

For any others wondering, I found this: http://archimago.blogspot.com/2018/12/measurements-intel-i7-pc-and-raspberry.html I think I'll stick to usb on the rpi and not worry.
  4. F

Raspberry pi jitter

Also, is there an advantage to spdif over usb? I have a digi+ clone hat I could use.
  5. F

Raspberry pi jitter

Do I need to worry about jitter from my raspberry pi running roon to my su-8 v2 over usb? (I've heard jitter is bad on rpi) Or, is this a non-issue?
  6. F

Review and Measurements of Marantz AV8805 AV Processor

Without going into technical details, could you rank the popular room correction systems?
  7. F

My space definitely needs room correction, which is why i'm wondering if using an external DAC would be beneficial in any way.
  8. F

I have a couple years older denon that I use for hometheater to my main speakers. Given the performance of this flagship product, I can only assume my denon is of even lower performance. In this case, would in be beneficial to run two channel audio from either an external dac or my oppo 203...
  9. F

LCR setup with space contraints

I'm looking for a speaker upgrade for my HT/music setup. The caveat being that the speakers are up against the wall and there is not a lot of space to fit them either. I'll be replacing some polks that are 8 inches across and I can maybe tolerate another inch or two and still be able to toe them...
  10. F

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Do you have the Aeon open or closed? Have you tried the lcd2 classics?
  11. F

Are there any good cheap tube amps?

I guess I'm in the exploration phase right now because I honestly don't know. I've only experienced solid state amps and never experienced the differences with a tube amp. What I do know I like is my massdrop th-x00 are really fun, but feel closed in. My HD600 feels boring and sterile(?), but I...
  12. F

Hmm... Lots of good options it looks like. Are there any comparisons between any of them or any good place to find measurements?
  13. F

Hey there! I'm currently using a schiit stack modi/magni 3 running a pair of hd600 and lcd2c. I'm going to try to grab a thx 789 at the next drop for some cleaner power, but I am interested in trying some tube sound. I have never tried tubes but reading through the forum it seems like the...
Top Bottom