Search results

1. S

DAC: SMSL C200 vs Topping E50; Free amp??

Awesome thanks. Full setup is a Wiim Mini; Emotiva Bas-X A-100 amp; Paradigm Mini Monitor speakers (90s-2000s era) Headphones are HD6xx with Fiio E07k portable dac/amp (planning to test the DAC in this system as well).
  2. S

Does anyone know if you can bypass the amp on the C200? Like if I want to use only the DAC with my speakers can I just plug it into the back connections? Then the front connections will go through the amp circuit? Is that how it works?
  3. S

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I think I got a bad pair or something. They were unbearably bright for me to the point of physical pain at my normal listening levels. Used Fiio E07k dac/amp and had same experience with phone and laptop jack. Even EQing -10dB treble on the Fiio they still felt bright. Bass was incredible...
  4. S

I don't but could maybe use my phone. Regardless if it's a good remote or not, it would be the first thing in that system that would need to be turned on an off at all. The Wiim stays on all the time and my amp has an auto-off with no audio signal.
  5. S

Let me know if you hear any differences!
  6. S

Thanks! That's a lot of subtle but important things that I wasn't thinking about. Which *would* you choose? Sounds like the c200? I think for me it would be the auto-off of the E50 versus the "free" amp in the C200. The remote sounds really annoying and it would be across the room from me in...
  7. S

Physical placement of DAC

I don't know the answer for sure, although I doubt that the interference would have much affect on the digital signal. I would just do a test with the 1-1.5m USB cable and see if you hear any difference simply picking up the dac and putting on top of the Mac or moving it off to the side. For...
  8. S

Topping / SMSL Performance Verification?

Maybe I'm too far down the rabbit hole, but I've noticed that most of these miraculously high performance Topping/SMSL DAC reviews are using equipment provided directly by the manufacturer. Have we ever controlled for selective unit sampling on the part of the manufacturer? Would it make sense...
  9. S

Looking for a balanced stereo DAC with TOSLINK. Currently SMSL C200 (DAC+AMP), Topping E50 and SMSL DO100 (DAC-only) all similarly priced for ~$200. Looking at the review data, the C200 DAC performance seems extremely similar to the E50 or DO100 (DAC-only). Is the performance indeed equivalent...
Top Bottom