Search results

1. SilverEars

AKG K371 Impressions

Anybody seen this review? It's obvious his measurement is wrong, yet he chooses to analyze the sound based on false measurements because he believes in it. If anybody had experience listening, they should be more difficult to be fooled, but not with this reviewer apparently.
  2. SilverEars

AKG K371 Impressions

Has many of you heard the headphone? If so, wouldn't you say the above measurement doesn't reflect what is heard? I'm very sure it's one of the most upper-mids emphasized dynamic driver I've ever heard, but the measurement doesn't reflect that. But, I can find others that do. Solderdude, I...
  3. SilverEars

PI2AES Digital Audio Shield for the Raspberry PI

Thanks Micheal, that did the trick. I have couple of other questions for you all: Is there a way to access music files on a storage in a windows PC in the same network as Pi? Can Moode do that? If so, how do I go about doing this? For the Lead battery, what did you guys use for the cable to...
  4. SilverEars

I tried Moode with Tidal credentials and controlling the streamer using Kazoo. I tried both coaxial and AES connections and my DAC isn't responding. I notice on Kazoo Moode upnp is selected and playing music. I'm wondering what the issue maybe? All I did was flash the image of Moode to...
  5. SilverEars

Looks like I can run Linn Kazoo out of Windows PC to control the streamer in the network. Is there a version of Volumio that I don't have to subscribe for fees with and still run Tidal with the Pi?
  6. SilverEars

Annual fees are turning me off, and if this is the only solution to stream Tidal through Pi2AES, I've lost interest in Pi2AES as Tidal streaming is important to me. No alternatives for bit-perfect Tidal?
  7. SilverEars

So, what I'm understanding here is that you run Volumio on raspberry pi, and you access Volumio via network through the browser to control Volumio from a windows computer on the same network. And Volumio works with streaming services such as Tidal. I'm wondering if there is any reliable...
  8. SilverEars

Hi, I have some questions regarding Pi2AES. I'm wondering if you can have the music library on a separate computer and have the Pi2AES be able to access it to send the music files to the DAC unit. Can you control the Pi2AES from the windows computer as in playback through Foobar2000 in...
  9. SilverEars

Sennheiser HD 650/HD 6XX

I thought the treble peaks were better done than something like the HD800. For me, pop music sounds quite right out of it. With certain tracks, the treble on the 800 gets pretty annoying. I would prefer more mids on the 800 (like the 6 sereies), and a bit subdue'd treble response. With the...
Top Bottom