Search results

1. E

Review and Measurements of Anthem MRX 520 AVR

You could try to run a ground wire between the two units grounding screws, but I experienced the same issue with different amp and using RCA to XLR adapter solved it
  2. E

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

I was more interested in see if it would be more useful as a DAC not a power amp
  3. E

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

Is it possible to see measurements in 'bypass' or as HT fixed-level inputs?
  4. E

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

It looks good on paper and in the tests. Monoprice has an newer DAC and measures well and has a good warranty and minimalistic build. It does have a SMPS power supply where the Anthem has a torodial. Dirac Live Bass Control is not included, and you must buy your own calibration microphone, so...
  5. E

This would be the main competitor list prices vary a few Marantz AV7706/AV8805 Rotel RSP-1576MKII Yamaha CX-A5200 JBL Synthesis SDP-55 Monoprice Monolith HTP-1 Emotiva RMC1/XMC2 McIntosh MX-100 LEXICON MC-10 NAD MASTER SERIES M17v2i ARCAM AV40 Audio Control X9/X7 Lyngdorf MP-40/50 I believe...
  6. E

Looks like a good baseline for performance. Would be intersting to see what the performance delta is when you enable room correction on processors / AVR's included in the reviews.
  7. E

Can we see the analog input performance, phono input? Also possibly the unbalance preamp out?
  8. E

Anthem AVM60 Review (AV Processor)

It has a lot to do with what they are. The devil is in the details. All of the components matter when it comes to audio path. A DAC alone is not simple to implement. Each AV section is not impossbile to implement cleanly on its own. However add a single large power supply, video processing...
  9. E

I don't know for sure, but I believe they did it for a reason. There are complex mathematics/processing required to take a digital or analog waveform in hardware or software and apply DSP correction to each channel regardless of the manufacture or room correction software. The DSP is also...
  10. E

You have to use professional mode in Genesis and set the max correction from default of 5K to your desired setting in say profile 1 of 350hz or lower 200hz is the lowest. You have to deduct about about 6db from each channel in the level setup in a second profile to get the level matched vs room...
  11. E

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Daily: Bean: Don Pablo Signature Blend Grinder: Vitamix to medium/coarse grind Pot: Bodum French Press Aroma Electic Kettle & spring water 3 scoops fresh grind per cup touch of organic ceylon cinnamon, add 190-195 degree water steep 3-4 min Organic Valley Grass fed whole milk and 1 tsp local...
  12. E

Just not enough information. Is it just a lack of thorough testing? Why did the owner send it to a service center for testing before sending it here? How's this for a possible conclusion, dissatisfied consumer abusing free testing to escalate a customer satisfaction issue? Is shipping damage to...
  13. E

I'm just a fool, I still can't figure out why one would go with a Denon AVR-X3600H? Placebo response?
  14. E

I’m comfortable saying sound is subjective and when it comes to our differences in perception. What's funny to me how many look at these measurements in absolute terms when they shouldn’t always. Someone commented earlier that they took this unit off their wish list based on this review since...
  15. E

Thanks for the update. Interesting news. I hope there is a simple resolution to get to the bottom of this so you do not have to send it back for service. Don't be discouraged by the review or SINAD etc., the AVM60 is an awesome unit and it has superior sound potential.
  16. E

To measure Anthem inputs like a "DAC" in the digital domain you would want to turn ARC(Anthem Room Correction) to "OFF" in the input setup. It defaults to ON which processes signals (downsamples the signal sample and bit rate for their room correction to reduce clipping and create more headroom)...
  17. E

Cleary as I pointed out something is not right as the entry level MRX520 outperformed the flagship AVM60 per SINAD. I'm surprised it took so long and no one caught on, as the review mentioned the MRX1120 which is their top AVR scored higher. Hopefully over time many vendors will publish their...
  18. E

Your missing my point again, I'm glad JR449 flagged this review as I did. My flags went up, as you challenged my opinion. However, I was more in disagreement with the measurements. But if we didn't discuss and escalate the issue many other readers would look at the SINAD and think this is a sub...
  19. E

Its okay we dont have to agree. I trust my ears more than these measurements. But there is much misinformation and many users trust this site and measurment method. You do get what you pay for when it comes to testing, and people should send Amir some more monies so he can spend more time, he...
Top Bottom