Search results

1. M

2.1 desktop setup help

Dear all, I am looking for a 2.1 system for at a 180x80 desk. It is theoretically possible to mount the speakers further away from the table. There the three setups I have in my eye (buying from Thomann Switzerland): Neumann KH 120 II W 1638 Neumann KH 750 DSP 1398 RME ADI-2 DAC FS 1089...
  2. M

Genelec 8320/8330 + 7350 or Neumann KH80/120mkII + KH750

How big is your desk? My desk is 180x80, would a combo of KH120/KH750 work or better to go with KH80?
  3. M

Thoughts on Genelec 2.1 Market Value

What made you sell them? Thinking of getting the exact same setup for my office. What did you get instead?
  4. M

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

Are the KH120s suitable for ultra near-field listening (70cm)? I am looking to get a desktop setup. Leaning towards either the Genelec G Three/8331, Neumann KH80 or the KH120. I'm living in an apartment with downstairs neighbors, so volume will always be limited.
  5. M

Better speakers than my current genelec 8030c for nearfield

Active and audiophile but I'm open to anything good. Listening on desktop from a meter away.
  6. M

Better speakers than my current genelec 8030c for nearfield

Could anyone direct me to a list of coaxial speakers?
  7. M

What stuff do I need to add to my order? (complete beginner)

I am not a professional listener. I just like music.
  8. M

If you are a real person, and not an AI or something else: can you please post your dream listening setup?
  9. M

Can I not somehow use my existing Apple TV to stream? Then I only need an adapter?
  10. M

I think if you look at the price of "pro" systems versus some good home systems, the worlds are blending (e.g. Genelec G Three versus 8030C). What alternative "hifi" bookshelf speakers do you suggest?
  11. M

What would your ideal desktop setup be for listening (under 4k€ - ideally about 3k€)? I don't have a huge studio, instead I have a very small office where I'm going to put the speakers next to the wall, next to my monitor.
  12. M

Are there no reps from Thomann on this forum who want to give me a little discount on my shopping basket?
  13. M

Ok. Perfect, that makes it all clear. I think for now I will then stick with the analog connection using the M2. Next year I will then go to an AES connection with an RME maybe, but only after learning more and treating the room where I'm in...
  14. M

So going with something like the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 should work?
  15. M

Thanks a lot both of you. The 8330 has three XLR inputs: Digital IN, Digital OUT, Analog IN. So analog IN would use the internal DAC of the M2 for the conversion? How can I use the digital XLR? Can I use the digital XLR with the M2?
  16. M

Hi Trell, how are you connecting them all? Could you describe a bit (e.g. laptop --> via usb --> m2 ---> XLR? ---> sub --> XLR? --> speakers?)?
  17. M

I didn't buy it yet, so I can still change the M2 to something with SPDIF :)
  18. M

Hi all, I am getting ready to order the things from Thomann Switzerland, but I wanted to check what things I need except the following: 2x Genelec 8330 2x Genelec 8000-323W stands Motu M2 Genelec 7350 Genelec GLM set What else do I need? I guess some cables as I saw that Genelec doesn't put...
  19. M

I've owned speakers by.....

Do you mind explaining a bit about your setup with the Adam speakers? I am looking for a desk setup.
Top Bottom